A case of extremely bad silicon?

I mostly ignored all overclocking until there was a need for undervolting on my 2700X. So at stock it runs terribly: hot, barely hits 4.1 on idle and 3.9 on stress tests. With PBO enabled and -0.05V core offset there's 4.15-4.2 on idle, 4.1-4.15 while playing games and 4.0 on stress tests but it runs hotter than I'd like. So to gain more control of temperatures I've decided to manually set multiplier and voltage. But here's a problem - 4.0 it reaches only at 1.3V and cannot keep stable 4.1 even at 1.45V (I really would have liked 4.0@1.25V and 4.1@1.35V at least). I don't want to mess with BCLK because have M.2 SSD installed. Is it just bad silicon or there's something I can do? 

My 2700x always seems to run hot. I used to overclock it to 4.0GHz, but was never quite stable. Now it's only stable at stock settings with PBO disabled. If PBO is enabled it will eventually crash, but with PBO off at least it doesn't get as hot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

12 minutes ago, alyen said:

My 2700x always seems to run hot. I used to overclock it to 4.0GHz, but was never quite stable. Now it's only stable at stock settings with PBO disabled. If PBO is enabled it will eventually crash, but with PBO off at least it doesn't get as hot.

I found out that's because of voltage. PBO can easily push it to 1.4V or even more until it hits a thermal barrier. For the record you need a really good cooling to handle 1.4V for all cores load. I wouldn't put over 1.3V on stock Wraith Prism.