wont install Steam on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

was seeing if someone could help me get to the bottom of this on my Mac i have done some research and tried them and can not get steam to install on my mac and cant find any answers on why it wont.

so i down load the steam.dmg file and move it to applications and try and install the file and this is what it first comes up as,

image.thumb.png.f4ff9d6103f35f1aa1db3d58b26c6ad0.png

if you hit show web page just goes to steam main page. 

now if you hit open this error come up.

image.thumb.png.84512b2fd7688737a574da85ac8af96e.png

i have gone deep in and deleted all the steam files and i can not get it to work if anyone could help me out that would be awesome thanks!!

update i tried messing around on the steam web site to see if possibly they want it to be a web base off of there site.

looked at some free to play games and clicked play game and clicked "yes steam is installed" and it updated all the files and it finally worked.!!! 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, PowerBrapp said:

update i tried messing around on the steam web site to see if possibly they want it to be a web base off of there site.

looked at some free to play games and clicked play game and clicked "yes steam is installed" and it updated all the files and it finally worked.!!! 

macos being macos my guess.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

16 hours ago, mon1ka said:

macos being macos my guess.

It's Apple showing their soured sentiments towards steam and not being able to milk it for money on the apple store.

This is strange. Download Steam again, make sure you getting it from https://steamcommunity.com

Update your OS to latest (11.3), and try again. I've reinstalled Steam just a few days ago, on the fresh macOS install - all should work.