New Build randomly Shuts Down..... Help !!

Hi everyone hope you are all well I have 2 questions:

Q1- Can having too many things plugged into your USB slots on your motherboard cause problems ? like for example performance.

Q2- the new system I built just shuts off when sometimes I use The Unreal Editor and RPCSX3 , What's going on, ?...

The screen shots are below of my configuration.

to be totally honest I never got this with my RX480 and i7 CPU,...

I tried this so far....

-Fresh Install of windows

-fresh install of the graphics drivers

-I also made sure I had no viruses or malware

Be honest with me folks is the combination of this hardware just a bad idea ????

1 cpu.JPG

2 caches.JPG

3 mainboard.JPG

3 memory.JPG

4 spd.JPG

5 graphics.JPG

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Please describe the shutdown you are getting. If its like direct power off or direct reboot, then its likely your PSU than anything else.

To your question about USB. Its unlikely to cause crashes, but can contribute. Depends on how many devices you are trying to power off single header.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Please describe the shutdown you are getting. If its like direct power off or direct reboot, then its likely your PSU than anything else.

To your question about USB. Its unlikely to cause crashes, but can contribute. Depends on how many devices you are trying to power off single header.

4 external drives in one header 3 are 1tb one is 4 and another is plugged in a separate one,

ram is corsair vengeance 32gb ddr4, running at 1500MHz speed when the bios tells me it's supposed to be 2400MHz which it says on the packaging, also using 4 slots,

the power supply is EVGA 850 platnum 

10 minutes ago, Johnsynie1989 said:

4 external drives in one header 3 are 1tb one is 4 and another is plugged in a separate one,

And those don't have separated power? Then those are quite possible contributing. USB is only 1.5A. Which is same that 3.5" HDD would require. 2.5" are 0.55A.

10 minutes ago, Johnsynie1989 said:

ram is corsair vengeance 32gb ddr4, running at 1500MHz speed when the bios tells me it's supposed to be 2400MHz which it says on the packaging, also using 4 slots,

the power supply is EVGA 850 platnum 

Depending on where you look, 1500MHz would mean 3000MHz if your XMP is enabled and thats where RAM is rated to.

Also, please describe the shutdowns in more detail. That will be best in helping us to see what part might be the issue. Also, if you have minidump files, those could help too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv