Im trying to install windows on my laptop for 2 days now 馃様

so i downloaded windows onto my usb (Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 16 GB) pluged the usb in my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05) 聽, 聽 and this is the state of it now .... it says bad command or filename everytime i try to boot it , i tried boot menu and a lot of things ,so maybe i just聽 fcked up downloading windows on to聽 the usb , idk ..... elp ples 馃様

IMG_20210425_145901.jpg

You build the installer either by using media creation tool or by downloading the iso and using a program like Rufus to write it to the USB drive.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, dinolawls said:

so i downloaded windows onto my usb (Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 16 GB) pluged the usb in my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05) 聽, 聽 and this is the state of it now .... it says bad command or filename everytime i try to boot it , i tried boot menu and a lot of things ,so maybe i just聽 fcked up downloading windows on to聽 the usb , idk ..... elp ples 馃様

IMG_20210425_145901.jpg

Looks like you got the wrong boot priority, your laptop is still booting from internal disk instead of your USB. Figure out which key you need to press during startup to select a boot device (usually it's one of the F1-F12 keys or 'delete')

7 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Looks like you got the wrong boot priority, your laptop is still booting from internal disk instead of your USB. Figure out which key you need to press during startup to select a boot device (usually it's one of the F1-F12 keys or 'delete')

I tried that already but it just brings me back to聽 the screen i posted earlier

1 minute ago, dinolawls said:

I tried that already but it just brings me back to聽 the screen i posted earlier

Have you tried rufus?聽https://rufus.ie/it/
Remember what kind of BIOS you have, UEFI or Legacy, it's important that you select the BIOS before creating the bootable USB

Or you can download the ISO image by Microsoft Media Creation Tool聽https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/software-download/windows10ISO

45 minutes ago, dinolawls said:

so i downloaded windows

You downloaded from where?

22 minutes ago, dinolawls said:

I tried that already

Can you show the current boot order in BIOS?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600聽Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGBGigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18聽Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W GoldTecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

18 minutes ago, aries_head_08 said:

Have you tried rufus?聽https://rufus.ie/it/
Remember what kind of BIOS you have, UEFI or Legacy, it's important that you select the BIOS before creating the bootable USB

Or you can download the ISO image by Microsoft Media Creation Tool聽https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/software-download/windows10ISO

yaes , didnt work

1 minute ago, genexis_x said:

You downloaded from where?

media creation tool

Just now, dinolawls said:

yaes , didnt work

Oh damn, we will try to find a solution out, no worries
Something similar happened to me with my Hackintosh and it was the USB fault. Have you tried changing USB port and USB stick? Remember that Windows installer doesn't like 3.0 that much

meria creation tool

Are you sure you created the USB install stick correctly? This is what it is supposed to look like (or something similar, this stick was created about a month ago, ignore the EP0000601208.exe, that's some software for my laptop I put there myself, that's not part of Windows install):
Win10installStick.thumb.png.e38fdad6246a93a92f0ba9f7d3dacb25.png

48 minutes ago, dinolawls said:

IMG_20210425_145901.jpg

now the usb just gives me an error when i try to open it up

IMG_20210425_161921.jpg

4 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Are you sure you created the USB install stick correctly? This is what it is supposed to look like (or something similar, this stick was created about a month ago, ignore the EP0000601208.exe, that's some software for my laptop I put there myself, that's not part of Windows install):
Win10installStick.thumb.png.e38fdad6246a93a92f0ba9f7d3dacb25.png

yes it looked like that but the setup.exe was just setup without .exe

1 minute ago, dinolawls said:

now the usb just gives me an error when i try to open it up

IMG_20210425_161921.jpg

So maybe that's why. Try to delete possible additional partitions, format it in FAT32 (rufus will do the work if you're using it) or try an other USB stick. I've never seen this error but probably can be fixed formatting the USB Stick and giving him an other drive letter.

Remember to save all the important informations on the USB because will be formatted. I know you probably know it but I wanted to remember it to you anyway, I care about your data 馃檪

Just now, aries_head_08 said:

So maybe that's why. Try to delete possible additional partitions, format it in FAT32 (rufus will do the work if you're using it) or try an other USB stick. I've never seen this error but probably can be fixed formatting the USB Stick and giving him an other drive letter.

Remember to save all the important informations on the USB because will be formatted. I know you probably know it but I wanted to remember it to you anyway, I care about your data 馃檪

i haveno clue whatu just said 馃様馃槀

imma just try another usb

2 minutes ago, dinolawls said:

You're right I'm sorry
You can try to format it in FAT32, a file system used for Bootable USB Sticks and brand new USB sticks, and naming it with a drive letter that you never used before, like H:, so that will not have conflicts. If you're using Rufus it will do the work, and if it still doesn't work, make sure your BIOS is actually UEFI and not Legacy, so that you have not to change the Bios destination in rufus, which isn't complicated, it's just about changing an option. Maybe you can try whit it if changing USB stick doesn't help

1 hour ago, aries_head_08 said:

You're right I'm sorry
You can try to format it in FAT32, a file system used for Bootable USB Sticks and brand new USB sticks, and naming it with a drive letter that you never used before, like H:, so that will not have conflicts. If you're using Rufus it will do the work, and if it still doesn't work, make sure your BIOS is actually UEFI and not Legacy, so that you have not to change the Bios destination in rufus, which isn't complicated, it's just about changing an option. Maybe you can try whit it if changing USB stick doesn't help

Does it matter if the setup file is without .exe ?聽

IMG_20210425_173622.jpg

YOOOOOO I GOT IT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP YALL聽 鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍 I just switched usbs

2 hours ago, dinolawls said:

YOOOOOO I GOT IT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP YALL聽 鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍鈾ワ笍 I just switched usbs

You're welcome 馃槈
Have fun!