Ruckus ICX 7150 Switch Not Working

singhalex

I recently moved into a home that has Ruckus switch and a couple of POE WAPs and ethernet ports wired throughout the home. Yesterday the internet technicians came and got my service up and running and everything was working well.

After work, I went into the box where everything is installed and decided to manage the cables. This involved unplugging the Ruckis switch. When I plugged it back in, it was no longer working. I wasn't getting anything from my ethernet connected PC and the WAPs were no longer powered. There is a status button on the device that cycles through the lights on the front, but I'm not sure how to read it. After multiple reboots with plenty of time between them, I tried doing a factory reset. I unplugged the device, held the rest button down, and plugged it back in. I held the reset button until the lights started flashing, but they never stopped flashing. Even after an hour, it was continuing to flash. It only stopped when I either unplugged it or hit the reset button again. And the switch is still not working and now the status button doesn't do anything.

After doing some research, I figured out how to connect to it via terminal and got the following message after rebooting the device:

Booting image from Secondary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x4000000, size0x2000000
8 ecc_errors after reading 58b8000:58b9c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 4000000 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
could not boot from secondary, no valid image; trying to boot from primary
device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x0000
BOOTING image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
8 ecc_errors after reading 18b8000:18b9c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
Error: can't get kernel image!
ICX7150-Boot>_

This is all completely foreign to me, I've never used terminal before. I did some searching and came across a post on how to upgrade the software with a manifest file via TFTP server, but I had no idea how to set that up. So I tried doing via a USB drive, but it just boots to message above. I used the command usb info and it does appear to recognize the drive, but I can't figure out how to get it to install the software. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I tried reading and watching more vides such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=5s but they all go way over my head. Any advice would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you!

Since this is newand was included with the house (I’m assuming Lennar) I recommend contacting Lennar and/or Ruckus to RMA that. Ruckus equipment has a limited lifetime warranty, basically covers anything other than lightning or water damage.

What’s happened is it has lost its firmware files, both primary and secondary, which are basically the operating system. But the bootloader seems fine. Nothing the ISP tech did would have been able to cause this. I remember seeing a note in a firmware release that certain versions can cause this type of corruption.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Thanks. Yes it is a Lennar home, but I did not buy it directly from Lennar. I think I may have to contact Ruckus since I've spent way too much time trying to fix this and I am way out of my element.

Thanks!