HDMI self disconnecting issue PLS HELP

IFUS

recently i switched to a 2k monitor (samsung g5) and the weird things start happen to me when i go into a full screen game. the HDMI will just self disconnect and reconnect i dont have this issue before. but i tweaked the amd radeon software a little bit too. anyone have any ideas. 

i use a rx 5700

Just now, Tech87 said:

What resolution and refresh rate are you running the game at?

For apex i use the 1440p but for eft and others i think i only use 1080. but it happens to all the games. and i set the apex into no fps caps

Okay, so when it disconnects and reconnects, what exactly do you see on screen as that happens? [ie..the game closes, screen resizing, etc]

I'm assuming no errors accompany this flickering either?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

24 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Okay, so when it disconnects and reconnects, what exactly do you see on screen as that happens? [ie..the game closes, screen resizing, etc]

I'm assuming no errors accompany this flickering either?

i saw the screen turn fully black (shutdown black) then for a few seconds later the HDMI symbolish thing appear.

• 6 months later...

Okay, so I'm having a very similar issue, was this ever resolved?

My screen is connected via HDMI and it's seems to disconnect (and then immediately recconect) randomly under load. It happens more often with HDR turned on and when I play games. 

I had recently installed a new GPU as my old one had unfortunately died. I got lucky and got a RTX3080TI

I've tried everything from updating drivers/windows/bios to fiddling with rendering settings, nothing seems to fix the issue only reduce its occurrence, turning off HDR making the biggest difference. 

I'm running a Ryzen 7 3800x in a ROG Crosshair hero VI motherboard with 32GB 2133 DDR4 and a Corsair CX850M PSU. Running Windows 10 off an 850 Evo NVME M.2 with some secondary hard drives installed. Any advice?

Edited by QuickTinker
Increasing specific details on issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed it with DP cables. i think this is a HDMI exclusive issue at least for me.