PSU Cables

Paulinho
Go to solution Solved by Gorilla Warfare,

I doubt you will find any manufacturer making custom cables for a below average quality PSU.

So I bought a Kolink Enclave 700 and then I bought some branded cables to make my pc look cool 😎

I messed up, I bought extensions and it plus the PSU cables just makes it so you can't close the backplate

I heard somewhere you can buy branded cables that go directly onto the PSU (avoiding the extra cables + mess)

Can someone point me to where I can get such cables for my PSU? 

20 hours ago, Paulinho said:

So I bought a Kolink Enclave 700 and then I bought some branded cables to make my pc look cool 😎

I messed up, I bought extensions and it plus the PSU cables just makes it so you can't close the backplate

I heard somewhere you can buy branded cables that go directly onto the PSU (avoiding the extra cables + mess)

Can someone point me to where I can get such cables for my PSU? 

Well, it's a pretty shitty PSU.  Don't think anyone has bothered figuring out the pinout.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Well, it's a pretty shitty PSU.  Don't think anyone has bothered figuring out the pinout.

Enclave is shit? I don't think so. Maybe mediocre but definitely not shit.

7 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Enclave is shit? I don't think so. Maybe mediocre but definitely not shit.

Ah.. You're right.  Sorry.  I was thinking of some other (any other) Kolink.  I didn't even realize it existed.

Still, never seen a pinout diagram for a Kolink.. or even know if they use the same across all products or if they just use "whatever the OEM has to offer".

Should be simple enough to draw/take a picture of the connector and then probbe it with a DMM to see if it's the same as EVGA's or Seasonic's or Corsair's, etc.

25 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ah.. You're right.  Sorry.  I was thinking of some other (any other) Kolink.  I didn't even realize it existed.

Still, never seen a pinout diagram for a Kolink.. or even know if they use the same across all products or if they just use "whatever the OEM has to offer".

Should be simple enough to draw/take a picture of the connector and then probbe it with a DMM to see if it's the same as EVGA's or Seasonic's or Corsair's, etc.

Did not know that about Kolink...

Guess I do now... Thx

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Even the OEM is still unknown... Let alone the pinout diagram, or custom cables!

But there is still a chance that it is the same to a popular brand's pinout. I second the idea using DMM to test it out.

18 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

Even the OEM is still unknown... Let alone the pinout diagram, or custom cables!

But there is still a chance that it is the same to a popular brand's pinout. I second the idea using DMM to test it out.

Quick Question about that.
And please do explain this like I am an infant
What do you mean using DMM to test it out?