Restore points after feature updates

MajorFoley

Hi guys quick question are system restore points kept after you update to a new version of windows? What about if you decide to rollback a version too are restore points still saved before you updated?

I know the update itself is a restore point for a period of 14 or 30 days (I forget off hand) and I imagine there would need to be two steps involved to restore to a prior to update restore point but I'm not 100% on that myself.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 4/23/2021 at 3:07 AM, Lurick said:

I know the update itself is a restore point for a period of 14 or 30 days (I forget off hand) and I imagine there would need to be two steps involved to restore to a prior to update restore point but I'm not 100% on that myself.

I know you can do the rollback option from it but i dont think thats the same as system restore sort of why im asking. Because my folder view settings are sort of borked i planned on resetting them from some help from a file given to me at tenforums and i have a restore point to rever that change back if needed which i confirmed at least works. I want to be able to keep the system restore point after i upgrade and if i revert back to my older version and restore my folder view settings in case it doesn't fix the issue im having when upgrading (which is not retaining my folder views at all, everything resets to general items, i do have a macrium image incase something really goes bad)

System restore points arent kept on updating to a feature one i saw.