Which headset should I get? Razer blackshark v2x or HyperX cloud stinger core or Coolermaster MH751 or any other recommendations around this price $50

Zaswyn

Its my first time buying a headset and I have no idea what to choose. I don't want to spend too much on it also so something around $50 should be fine. One important factor I consider is that I want the earcups to be comfortable and not get my ears hot and sweaty. Thanks in advance for all inputs.

I have had a fantastic experience with my Blackshark v2. Not the v2x, but I assume it would be even higher quality. It can be a little bit of a bitch when using the built in razer synapse program, but as long as you ignore the warnings to make "THX spatial audio" as the default audio device, you are good. The spatial audio is shit and absolutely ruins sound quality, so just set default to "Razer USB sound card" if you use the built in dongle, or just select the default one for your mobo's audio (probably REALTEK) if you are just using the 3.5mm jack.

The headphones prefer to run over the included USB dongle, as this is the only way to enable built in features such as noise cancellation and noise normalization, along with an equalizer, but it runs perfectly fine (but the headphones and mic) when plugged into a standard 3.5mm jack. I have all three primary peripherals as razer, simply because my original steel series headset was not compatible with my tablet, so I refunded it and got a razer, and my keyboard and mouse were a combo deal at best by. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Between the 3 the cooler master all the way. The only other thing I could reccomend is the Koss GMR headsets. But they have pretty bad build quality great sound which is what koss is known for.

17 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

The spatial audio is shit and absolutely ruins sound quality, so just set default to "Razer USB sound card" if you use the built in dongle,

Or you just avoid Razer and all other plagued gaming headset brands all together.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)