Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 5800X? Out of the box Compatibility, and best GPU.

MeatSink

Budget (including currency): 2000.00$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 30 to 40 FPS At 1080p. Parts Already Arrived, NZXT H510, Master Cooler MasterLiquid 240ML RGB, Wd Black 1 Tb.

13 minutes ago, MeatSink said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 30 to 40 FPS At 1080p. Parts Already Arrived, NZXT H510, Master Cooler MasterLiquid 240ML RGB, Wd Black 1 Tb.

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_x570_crosshair_viii_dark_hero_preview/1
👆

look under Technical specifications.
Dark Hero from asus comes with out of the box ryzen 5000 support

----- have a good day 😇

7 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_x570_crosshair_viii_dark_hero_preview/1
👆

look under Technical specifications.
Dark Hero from asus comes with out of the box ryzen 5000 support

----- have a good day 😇

why the hell spend 700$ on a motherboard for a 2000$ build?

get a b550-f gaming. it doesnt have out of the box comptibility, but you can do bios flashback without a supported cpu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

why the hell spend 700$ on a motherboard for a 2000$ build?

get a b550-f gaming. it doesnt have out of the box comptibility, but you can do bios flashback without a supported cpu.

huh, i didn't know it was being sold or that price, dayum.
op if u can get that mobo for under 400$ only then it's good deal.

i should check usa prices - noted

25 minutes ago, MeatSink said:

NZXT H510

also this was a bad buy. Its a grill disguised as a computer case. Id expect the parts to be cooking in there, even with amazing cooling.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

since we are on this topic, i would like to ask is there any way to  update bios without installing cpu or unsupported cpu (which will be supported after bios update, ofcourse.)?

2 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

huh, i didn't know it was being sold or that price, dayum.
op if u can get that mobo for under 400$ only then it's good deal

dont buy  400$ motherboard for a 2k build.

i wouldnt spend more than 200$ for a 2k build.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Orian Pax said:

since we are on this topic, i would like to ask is there any way to  update bios without installing cpu or unsupported cpu (which will be supported after bios update, ofcourse.)?

yes. thats why i said:

8 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you put usb in the port specified in the manual, press the button, and pray that the power doesnt go out for the next 10 minutes.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yes. thats why i said:

you put usb in the port specified in the manual, press the button, and pray that the power doesnt go out for the next 10 minutes.

thank for confirming that one can install bios update without installing the cpu, i saw a lot of builds with this bios flash back support and people still asked and none replied to them that u can just upgrade bios using flashback no need to get another cpu. (not kidding)

6 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

thank for confirming that one can install bios update without installing the cpu, i saw a lot of builds with this bios flash back support and people still asked and none replied to them that u can just upgrade bios using flashback no need to get another cpu. (not kidding)

its not on all boards. Most asus ones have it, i believe higher end msi and gigabyte have it. Im not 100% sure for intels side, but this seems to be the case for amd.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its not on all boards. Most asus ones have it, i believe higher end msi and gigabyte have it. Im not 100% sure for intels side, but this seems to be the case for amd.

wait wait, even with boards which have bios flash back support you might not be able to install bios without installing cpu or with unsupported cpu???
(i prefer detailed answers since i respect people's word that's why i am asking again, thanks for replying)

15 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

wait wait, even with boards which have bios flash back support you might not be able to install bios without installing cpu or with unsupported cpu???
(i prefer detailed answers since i respect people's word that's why i am asking again, thanks for replying)

I would recommend you to watch youtube tutorials as its hard to explain via text

21 minutes ago, Debenzor said:

I would recommend you to watch youtube tutorials as its hard to explain via text

found a good video with good/informative comments.

37 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

@HelpfulTechWizard now i feel stupid for asking this question, apologies for wasting your time

2 hours ago, MeatSink said:

b550-f gaming, b550 tommahawk, b550 aurorus pro

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, Orian Pax said:

no. you do not need a unsupported cpu. bios flashback is a feature that is used for updating a bios for a cpu that isnt out of the box supported, or for unbricking a bricked bios. you cant do the later with a the bios, so you dont need any cpu to use it.

1 hour ago, Orian Pax said:

@HelpfulTechWizard now i feel stupid for asking this question, apologies for wasting your time

nah, man. it's fine

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you cant do the later with a the bios,so you dont need any cpu to use it.

is it, you can* do the later with a the bios,so you dont need any cpu to use it.

16 minutes ago, Orian Pax said:

is it, you can* do the later with a the bios,so you dont need any cpu to use it.

you cant go into the bios to update the bios on a bricked board. but later as in, later, not former, not later, as in, ill do it later.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you cant go into the bios to update the bios on a bricked board. but later as in, later, not former, not later, as in, ill do it later.

yosh! that's what i was wondering.
now everything is confirmed and solidified!