Big Blue (The Progression!)

Ja Krispie

First off, I'd like to state when I first started this project a year ago, it was intended to be a budget gaming PC. Didn't intend to buy high end components at all. As you can tell, that changed. Quickly lol

So it all started from an old HP PC, piece by piece got upgraded until I finally upgraded every part that wasn't from the original pre-built computer.

4tmmKzV.jpg

The next upgrade was the GPU, decided the GTX 650 wasn't enough for my needs, so I upgraded to the HD 7950. Got a good deal on it from newegg new for like 225 bucks. 

cYYz60s.jpg

Then the next stage happened, I was still on the old FM1 socket from my HP build, I upgraded to the ASRock MB and a A8 APU vs the A6 that came from the HP. It was custom, but I was still on the FM1 socket, so I upgraded the Motherboard, CPU, GPU, and case. The GPU I had (7950) had actually risen in price because of the mining, so I capitalized and sold it for $400 on ebay. Then turned around and bought a GTX 780. I had also went to the AM3+ socket (The MB and CPU were actually bought first, and I had them in the Cooler Master case.) It was still budget minded which was why I went with the 6350 over intel. The MSI was mainly for features and looks for why I spent so much on it. After that I sold the 7950 and bought the 780. My mind started shifting here for higher end parts. I then decided to buy a bigger case, the Antec 1200 (worse move ever, I hate this case with a passion! It worked out, I used the old FM1 parts and built an office PC and stuck an old GTX 580 I had bought from a friend. Worked out, but the Antec has got to go!

JAbVQjq.jpg

So that's where I am now, I'll be upgrading parts here and there as needed. The next thing I want to get is the Corsair 450D, I kind of want to shrink down a bit again. I'll also be going with intel as well getting an i5 and mb and using my AM3+ stuff to upgrade my office build. 

Hope you like the progress so far and Look forward to the next update in the build!

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Sonic the hedgehog is big blue 

This is a crazy looking case/mess.

Yes. Yes it is. One of the reasons I despise this case. Cable management is atrocious. 

Does your GPU get bottlenecked at all in games

No not really, if it does it's very minimal. Games in general perform well and I can get the performance numbers that others get with a 780

Sonic the hedgehog is big blue 

I've never once in my life heard him refereed to as big blue. 

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Yes. Yes it is. One of the reasons I despise this case. Cable management is atrocious. 

No not really, if it does it's very minimal. Games in general perform well and I can get the performance numbers that others get with a 780

I've never once in my life heard him refereed to as big blue. 

He actually is in a few of the games :D