Wireless & Bluetooth keyboard mouse combo recommendations please

Go to solution Solved by Kiki25,
50 minutes ago, theoflow said:

Hey all,

I am looking to simplify my work from home setup and could use some help.i want to go from two sets of keyboard and mouse to just one.

Ideally, I would like to get a keyboard and mouse combo that use both bluetooth and wireless dongle.

For my work laptop I would like to use the bluetooth connection while the dongle would be for my desktop. Ideally, I want one usb dongle for both keyboard and mouse to make life easier.

I was looking at the logitech G915 and a G603 light speed mouse and that seems like the best solution. 

But figured I would ask before pulling the trigger.

IDEALLY, I wish Logitech made an ergonomic shape to the G915 since I do find the ergonomic shape of the Microsoft Sculpt series to really cut down on any fatigue.  The G603, I wish they would add a internal battery that is rechargeable

Well, based on your preferred choice, both are an excellent peripheral. Perhaps for the mouse, you can do anything with it or else you can opt for buy a rechargeable battery. But if your budget is more than you can afford the G603, you can try Logitech G703 lightspeed since it had a rechargeable battery. For keyboard, it's kinda impossible to have design like  Microsoft Sculpt. For me i like to use Logitech G610 since it is using Cherry MX Blue switch. It's depend on your preferences. Do you want to have nice typing experience or comfort..

Hey all,

I am looking to simplify my work from home setup and could use some help.i want to go from two sets of keyboard and mouse to just one.

Ideally, I would like to get a keyboard and mouse combo that use both bluetooth and wireless dongle.

For my work laptop I would like to use the bluetooth connection while the dongle would be for my desktop. Ideally, I want one usb dongle for both keyboard and mouse to make life easier.

I was looking at the logitech G915 and a G603 light speed mouse and that seems like the best solution. 

IDEALLY, I wish Logitech made an ergonomic shape to the G915 since I do find the ergonomic shape of the Microsoft Sculpt series to really cut down on any fatigue.  The G603, I wish they would add a internal battery that is rechargeable

50 minutes ago, theoflow said:

Hey all,

Well, based on your preferred choice, both are an excellent peripheral. Perhaps for the mouse, you can do anything with it or else you can opt for buy a rechargeable battery. But if your budget is more than you can afford the G603, you can try Logitech G703 lightspeed since it had a rechargeable battery. For keyboard, it's kinda impossible to have design like  Microsoft Sculpt. For me i like to use Logitech G610 since it is using Cherry MX Blue switch. It's depend on your preferences. Do you want to have nice typing experience or comfort..

I think this is a great method! I use the G815 (wired version) with a USB switch between my work laptop and gaming PC, and have been dailying this for over a year. I did get a wrist-rest, but otherwise encountered no ergonomic issues or fatigue, even with hours of use. Using the G915 sounds like an equally useful wireless connection.

For a mouse, I personally went with 2 (G502 and MX Master), but if you get a logitech mouse with multiple device support, you could accomplish the same. When I used to game with the MX Master, I paired it with my work laptop, personal laptop, and gaming tower, mixing bluetooth and unifying receiver where necessary.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:56 AM, Kiki25 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I actually have the G703 now, but it doesn't have bluetooth so I can't really use it for my laptop and I want to avoid switching that USB dongle back and forth all the time.

I suppose dongle switching isn't the worst, but it would save some $ by just having to buy the (somewhat expensive) G915.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:21 PM, kingfurykiller said:

I think this is a great method! I use the G815 (wired version) with a USB switch between my work laptop and gaming PC, and have been dailying this for over a year. I did get a wrist-rest, but otherwise encountered no ergonomic issues or fatigue, even with hours of use. Using the G915 sounds like an equally useful wireless connection.

For a mouse, I personally went with 2 (G502 and MX Master), but if you get a logitech mouse with multiple device support, you could accomplish the same. When I used to game with the MX Master, I paired it with my work laptop, personal laptop, and gaming tower, mixing bluetooth and unifying receiver where necessary.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Do you have a link to the USB hub switch you were talking about? I didn't think about that solution and it could be another option to explore. Ironic that this feels like going back a decade when KVM switches were more popular than today.

As for the ergonomics, I have a comfy wrist pad (bean bag type) for my desktop PC keyboard. I think I just got used to wresting my left hand on the ergo keyboard hand since it is comfortable. I've been looking at the G915 in particular because I also prefer typing downwards with wrists bent downwards, rather than bending wrists upwards.

I have the 1st gen MX master mouse and I do like it, but for gaming it is a bit too heavy for me taste. I wish Logitech would make a gaming centric mouse with the free spinning scroll wheel; I miss that feature a lot when I switch from work laptop to home desktop.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, theoflow said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Do you have a link to the USB hub switch you were talking about? I didn't think about that solution and it could be another option to explore. Ironic that this feels like going back a decade when KVM switches were more popular than today.

As for the ergonomics, I have a comfy wrist pad (bean bag type) for my desktop PC keyboard. I think I just got used to wresting my left hand on the ergo keyboard hand since it is comfortable. I've been looking at the G915 in particular because I also prefer typing downwards with wrists bent downwards, rather than bending wrists upwards.

I have the 1st gen MX master mouse and I do like it, but for gaming it is a bit too heavy for me taste. I wish Logitech would make a gaming centric mouse with the free spinning scroll wheel; I miss that feature a lot when I switch from work laptop to home desktop.

Sorry for the super later reply....been too busy 😞

1. Here is the USB switch that I've used successfully to migrate my webcam, keyboard, and mouse flawlessly between work laptop dock and gaming tower. Others have bought it on my recommendation and had similar success. Yes it feels like KVM except without the weirdness of switching monitors too, which generally is less successful in the HD+ world without spending way too much money: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6GD9JO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Sounds like the G815 or G915 will work for your ergonomics (they are the same board except one is wired and one is wireless

3. I rocked the first gen MX Master for a long time, but it was a bit heavy for gaming, and I had issues where the custom mapping would drop out mid-game, causing problems. Good news, the G502 series does have a manually unlockable free-spinning scroll wheel. Not quick as glorious as MX Master's automatic one, but almost as good. Part of why I use the G502 as my gaming mouse.

11 hours ago, kingfurykiller said:

Sorry for the super later reply....been too busy 😞

1. Here is the USB switch that I've used successfully to migrate my webcam, keyboard, and mouse flawlessly between work laptop dock and gaming tower. Others have bought it on my recommendation and had similar success. Yes it feels like KVM except without the weirdness of switching monitors too, which generally is less successful in the HD+ world without spending way too much money: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6GD9JO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Sounds like the G815 or G915 will work for your ergonomics (they are the same board except one is wired and one is wireless

3. I rocked the first gen MX Master for a long time, but it was a bit heavy for gaming, and I had issues where the custom mapping would drop out mid-game, causing problems. Good news, the G502 series does have a manually unlockable free-spinning scroll wheel. Not quick as glorious as MX Master's automatic one, but almost as good. Part of why I use the G502 as my gaming mouse.

Thanks for the reply, no worries about the delay.

I think I am just going to buy that USB splitter that you linked since it will probably fit my purposes and I don't have to spend that much.

But I will list my reasons for the returns:

- Got notice that I will be heading back to the office over the summer so there isn't a huge need for me to spend $200+ at this point. If I did it March 2020, it would have been a better investment.

- I'm just too used to the wrist comfort of my Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard+Mouse combo. Going from a "wide" trying keyboard to a cramped one doesn't feel good and I feel more wrist strain. How/Why people love reduced footprint keyboards for their desktop setup doesn't compute for me.

- I bought the wrong G915 TKL with the squishy keys since it was on sale refurbished for $150. Just the squishy keys were very bad for me and didn't like it all. I could purchase the right keys, but again, not really worth the investment right now.

- I bought the G604 and didn't like it. The weight with the batteries was not my cup of tea with most of the weight at the rear. I didn't want to have to get used to something that didn't feel right. I also did not like that manual button to toggle between stepped and infinity scrolling.

6 minutes ago, theoflow said:

Thanks for the reply, no worries about the delay.

I think I am just going to buy that USB splitter that you linked since it will probably fit my purposes and I don't have to spend that much.

But I will list my reasons for the returns:

- Got notice that I will be heading back to the office over the summer so there isn't a huge need for me to spend $200+ at this point. If I did it March 2020, it would have been a better investment.

- I'm just too used to the wrist comfort of my Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard+Mouse combo. Going from a "wide" trying keyboard to a cramped one doesn't feel good and I feel more wrist strain. How/Why people love reduced footprint keyboards for their desktop setup doesn't compute for me.

- I bought the wrong G915 TKL with the squishy keys since it was on sale refurbished for $150. Just the squishy keys were very bad for me and didn't like it all. I could purchase the right keys, but again, not really worth the investment right now.

- I bought the G604 and didn't like it. The weight with the batteries was not my cup of tea with most of the weight at the rear. I didn't want to have to get used to something that didn't feel right. I also did not like that manual button to toggle between stepped and infinity scrolling.

USB splitter was an excellent low cost option for me; made it a lot easier. And yes, investing in March 2020 tech upgrades instead of May 2021 is different story.

I feel you big keyboards. While the G815 plus wrist rest does feel good, I could never go smaller. TKL does not do it for me. Sorry you bought the wrong keys for yours 😞

A lotta people don't like heavy mice for gaming

hope you find something that works for you