PowerColor Red Devil RX580 Heating problem

Hi, I recently purchased a second hand PowerColor Red Devil RX580 8GB. Upon running I noticed that the card gets really hot when running benchmarks and playing games. The temperature is around 76°C± with auto fan curve running at 90%+. And sometime 100% at 80°C. I've tried replacing the thermal paste with a Artic MX-4, no luck. Tried changing the oily thermal pads to Thermalright Odyssey thermal pads, a thickness of 0.5mm and 2.0mm, still no luck. So I thought it might the thermal was too thick since I measured it was 2.0mm uncompressed and 1.5mm compressed, however the thermal pads I have was hard and not really easy to compressed, so I changed to 1.5mm, again still no luck. This is getting frustrating as I have no idea what else to do. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB. I ran the same benchmarks and games, the temperature is 70°C±, however the fan speed never exceed 50%. Please help, could it be the heatsink leaked the working liquid or something? Is that even possible? I noticed 1 outer fin from the heatsink was slightly bended, I bended it back into shape. 

Could be the case that whoever you purchased the card from flashed an overclocked or mining BIOS to the card and didn't change it back. It's possible to find stock BIOS images, for example: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=Powercolor&model=RX+580&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=8192&since=

Just be warned, that if you do attempt to flash the BIOS on the card, you can brick it.

Might be worth it to save a copy of your BIOS from the card to a hex file, and compare it to a "stock" BIOS file.

1 hour ago, AaronThomas said:

Could be the case that whoever you purchased the card from flashed an overclocked or mining BIOS to the card and didn't change it back. It's possible to find stock BIOS images, for example: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=Powercolor&model=RX+580&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=8192&since=

Just be warned, that if you do attempt to flash the BIOS on the card, you can brick it.

Might be worth it to save a copy of your BIOS from the card to a hex file, and compare it to a "stock" BIOS file.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've flashed from the 1st to the 3rd BIOS, as those matched mine. Sadly, nothing changed, the temperatures are still high, fans are running at 100% at a temperature of 80°C+...

18 hours ago, Muazpewpew said:

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've flashed from the 1st to the 3rd BIOS, as those matched mine. Sadly, nothing changed, the temperatures are still high, fans are running at 100% at a temperature of 80°C+...

try undervolting. it will run at 1.2V stock. try 1.1V with msi afterburner or radeon software

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.