No POST or BIOS with ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi

kenjirou5
Go to solution Solved by kenjirou5,

Parts in relation to issue/relevant parts

ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x

Ram T-Force TUF Gaming Alliance Vulcan 32 GB (2x16gb) DDR4 3600

I just assembled this pc after buying the parts, first time to turn it on and it wont even get past the motherboard logo or even reach bios.

The Asus website says the LED indicators on the top right of the motherboard shows the problem. Site says DRAM led staying on means memory problem

tried re-seating, still nope. AS all of these are only a few days old from the shop, im assuming these are working properly. Is this a compatibility issue between the three parts? and if so, how will i know which memory is compatible with my cpu and motherboard? 

for a bit of background i have little knowledge of building PC's so this can be considered my first build. 

after reading around for a bit, it got me thinking. do i need to update bios to get the 5000 series to work properly? or should the motherboard already be ok to work with the processor? in the first place i dont know how to do that as this is my first build so its not like i got extra parts to swap around

Edit... it seems the RAM needs to be forced even further to the slots as the system worked only after i did that. Updated the bios since the ram worked and now the system works

Parts in relation to issue/relevant parts

ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x

Ram T-Force TUF Gaming Alliance Vulcan 32 GB (2x16gb) DDR4 3600

I just assembled this pc after buying the parts, first time to turn it on and it wont even get past the motherboard logo or even reach bios.

The Asus website says the LED indicators on the top right of the motherboard shows the problem. Site says DRAM led staying on means memory problem

tried re-seating, still nope. AS all of these are only a few days old from the shop, im assuming these are working properly. Is this a compatibility issue between the three parts? and if so, how will i know which memory is compatible with my cpu and motherboard? 

for a bit of background i have little knowledge of building PC's so this can be considered my first build. 

after reading around for a bit, it got me thinking. do i need to update bios to get the 5000 series to work properly? or should the motherboard already be ok to work with the processor? in the first place i dont know how to do that as this is my first build so its not like i got extra parts to swap around

Edit... it seems the RAM needs to be forced even further to the slots as the system worked only after i did that. Updated the bios since the ram worked and now the system works