Onboard graphics?

Hey, 

I was about to pull the trigger on a Dell prebuilt from bestbuy but I'm a bit annoyed at proprietary parts plus I kind of enjoy building (although I haven't done it in a while)

I was wondering if onboard graphics are any good on newer gen processors, either Ryzen or intel, I'd start a build from there and use the onboard graphics until I can get a GPU at an acceptable price.

Medium gaming - possibly newer games on low graphics (?)

What CPU's are a good option there, for a mid-high tier build

well ryzen apus have a pretty good igpus

intel igpus are fine esp with 11th gen but intel cpus with igpu are more powerful cpus than ryzen apus

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

AMD APUs have been pretty good for the past few years, and Intel GPUs are just recently getting some proper power(with Tigerlake onward I believe, fact check me). These parts are good for CPU bound games, such as Minecraft, but graphically intensive games like Cyberpunk are not going to be a good experience.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

6 minutes ago, Burgereater20 said:

Hey, 

I was about to pull the trigger on a Dell prebuilt from bestbuy but I'm a bit annoyed at proprietary parts plus I kind of enjoy building (although I haven't done it in a while)

I was wondering if onboard graphics are any good on newer gen processors, either Ryzen or intel, I'd start a build from there and use the onboard graphics until I can get a GPU at an acceptable price.

Medium gaming - possibly newer games on low graphics (?)

What CPU's are a good option there, for a mid-high tier build

10400, 11400, and 11500 are good options for a mid tier gaming build, in Intel land, they would be better than Ryzen APU's in terms of sheer processing power of the CPU... I'd recommend the 11500 with 3200 MHz ram.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

well ryzen apus have a pretty good igpus

intel igpus are fine esp with 11th gen but intel cpus with igpu are more powerful cpus than ryzen apus

Cool, so I'd be better off with an 11th gen with UHD 750, trading off a bit of gpu power (sorry if that's not the right term I'm a newb), which won't matter when I get a GPU?

The integrated graphics on the latest ryzen cpu's are pretty good overall. The iGPU does well in e-sports title but can also do older AAA titles, and newer ones with some tweaking. Though it really depends what you go for. Intel Desktop iGPU's aren't that great and falter at best compared to the ryzen APU's. If you're planning to get a prebuilt that you plan to upgrade in the future it might be best to pick one with a 4000 or 5000 series APU like a 6 core 4650G or 5600G.

Just now, mahyar said:

that depends. If you compare current 11th gen Intel cpu's with the APU's AMD currently offer to the DIY market like the 3200G or 3400G that is definitely the case. But when comparing to the Zen3 APU's that will be available shortly in prebuilts and will be available to the DIY market later this year like the 5600G that might not be the case. If the OP is looking for a prebuilt that he can game with for a while until the GPU scarcity decreases then one equipped with a Zen2 R5 4650G or if he can wait a little a Zen3 R5 5600G might be the best choice