Game Performance without full hardware usage

Hey all,

So I'm running a rig with a RTX3070 and AMD 5600X; I haven't given my full system specs as I don't need information pertaining specifically too my rig, but just more of a general understanding of potential factors.

I booted up Far Cry 5 for the first time and played it, however I noticed it felt a little off. Running benchmarks showed that at 1080p it would shoot to high FPS, and have drops all the way down below 100 at certain points, on average sitting around 140ish however my GPU sat at around 60% and CPU at 50% usage. I upped the resolution to 1440p and my framerate stayed exactly the same? Stuttering in the same places too the same amount? All that changed was my GPU usage increased to 80%. Is this a thing? Why would I be dropping frames but sitting well below full hardware usage? (I also have 16gb ram, but only used around 12)

Thanks

System Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Stock Clocks) | MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | GPU: MSI Ventus 3x RTX 3070 | Storage: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD; Seagate Barracude 4TB ST4000DM004 HDD, 256MB | PSU SilverStone 650W Strider Gold S 80+ Gold | Cooling: Corsair iCUE H100i Pro XT 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler  

Games are not made equal.

Games dont always use or attempt to use all hardware when the game is budgeted or possibly sponsored or pushing boundaries with technologies "under the hood" that can have pretty bad negative impacts.

Low-Threaded Games with High Demand...

Farcry 5 is known as singlethread hungry.. THROWS a lot at a few dedicated Cores, and Windows distributes that load out to where it can with what you have, it can only do so much..

Games just built a certain way, behave a certain way.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz