Gpu block optimization

Okingo

Hello! 

I'm building a desk pc case right now and so far everything is going great except there was no manual for my gpu water block. Thats why I have a couple obnoxious questions wich I'm already sorry for:

My components:

Spoiler

i7 11700K
Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro AX
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
1000GB Samsung 980 PRO
2000GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 AORUS xtreme - 24GB

Question 1:

I bought

Bykski Full Coverage GPU Water Block and Backplate for Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3090/3080 Xtreme (N-GV3090AORUSXE-X) sadly there's no manual for this, so I had to use my brain for once. I will add some pictures for better understanding. my stock cooler on the rtx 3090 xtreme had a boatload of pads on it, while the waterblock only had this much, my Temps were less than 65 degrees, I'm a little worried that my cooling will suffer since it doesn't have any contact with the stuff it had before.

Question 2:

I'm trying to reuse the display of my gpu but I have no clue how to plug it in, the rgb is not that important but I forgott wich socket was being used from the display.

Also wich way does the yellow orange display cable go in? 

Next comment additional pictures since I'm at max mb here.

Also quick review of my gpu block, it's trash, the rgb cable just snapped while adjusting the screws.

20210418_125616.jpg

20210418_130737.jpg

20210418_125351.jpg

Yeah seen this block around a few times basically it's kinda crap. You have to mod it for your card to not have issues with longevity since a lot of IMPORTANT components are NOT cooled at all with it.

Also cable doesn't look snapped just looks like it came out. Flip the black thing up and put it back in.

Edit: Since you posted more pics that cable is just dead. This block is not covering extremely important AND HOT RUNNING parts. So yeah I'd not use this if you want your card to last like others have done.