Audio setup planning help

Drakorex
Go to solution Solved by OrangeSunshine,

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to accomplish something similar.  It is a slightly cheaper interface than the GoXLR, but is arguably a little less feature rich.  It has two instrument/mic inputs w/ independent gain control for both, monitor outputs, and a headphone jack.  The headphone jack and monitors have their own volume control.  Also there is a monitor toggle, so you can output sound to your speakers, headphones, or both.  Plus it is pretty sweet for recording if you ever need to do that. They typically run about $160, and they are typically set up in music stores, like guitar center, to play with before you buy. 

I guess I will explain what I have currently and what I want to do because I really do not have much experience with audio. I have a couple usb sound cards that turned out to be useless and I don't want to keep wasting money. I can plug my headphone into my yeti to get my voice feedback and into my PC to bypass that completely so I think I need to get away from using a USB mic to do this?

Current setup is Blue Yeti, Master & Dynamic MW60 headphones, and Monoprice Studio Monitors connected directly to my PC.

Ideally I want:

a physical mixer or something that can swap between outputting to headphones or speakers (without changing windows sound device)

ability to adjust the volume of my own voice in my headphones and maybe other audio sources like game/music/voice chat

a smaller mic

From my research so far it looks like getting something like a Audio-Technica AT2021 and a GoXLR Mini might work. Am I on the right track or is there a better/cheaper solution?

Processor: i9-9900KF @ 5.0GHz Cooling: Open Loop Graphics Card: RTX 2080Ti Seahawk EK X

Motherboard: Gygabyte Aorus Master Z390 RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz 

Storage: 6TB all SSDs PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum Case: Corsair Crystal 570x

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to accomplish something similar.  It is a slightly cheaper interface than the GoXLR, but is arguably a little less feature rich.  It has two instrument/mic inputs w/ independent gain control for both, monitor outputs, and a headphone jack.  The headphone jack and monitors have their own volume control.  Also there is a monitor toggle, so you can output sound to your speakers, headphones, or both.  Plus it is pretty sweet for recording if you ever need to do that. They typically run about $160, and they are typically set up in music stores, like guitar center, to play with before you buy. 

Also, I don't use a usb mic mostly because I feel they are less versatile for my needs, so the focusrite is great for me.

As far as a mic goes, I use the AKG P120

Oh that looks great, the solo version is also even cheaper but it looks like it is missing one of the volume controls.

Processor: i9-9900KF @ 5.0GHz Cooling: Open Loop Graphics Card: RTX 2080Ti Seahawk EK X

Motherboard: Gygabyte Aorus Master Z390 RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz 

Storage: 6TB all SSDs PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum Case: Corsair Crystal 570x

Yea, it just has a toggle to turn direct monitoring on or off. I suppose that if you had volume control knob on your headphones, then it would probably be alright. I have never used it though because it only has one mic preamp, so I can't vouch for it like the 2i2.