New 1500€ PC for a friend

skalliwolf

Budget (including currency): 1500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: New Games, MMOS, video streaming: (mostly D&D stuff... foundryVTT, roll20, world building programms like world anvil.) maybe twitch streaming in the future.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): peripherals are not needed. monitor is a 144hz gaming monitor with 1440p, maybe a 4k upgrade in the future 

Hi, im hoping to get some great recommendations like always from this community.

I haven't been looking into the newest hardware in a while so i'm hoping to get some good ideas :)

A friend of mine wants to buy a new PC 
the only framework i have (the pc should have):
-some Nvidia rtx 3000 card
-intel processor 
-1 nvme ssd (100-250gb)
-only other storage regular ssd... no hdds anymore

thanks already so much for the help

kind regards from germany 

The lowest end RTX 30 series card will take up about half of your budget right now. Unless your friend gets lucky and finds a GPU at MSRP or close to MSRP, then it's generally not advised to buy a GPU right now. You could use Intel's iGPU while you wait, but the performance is pretty bad on most games at 1080p.

For a CPU, and if you're only looking at Intel, I would suggest an i5-11400 or something like that. Pretty good bang for the buck.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

9 minutes ago, tishous said:

The lowest end RTX 30 series card will take up about half of your budget right now. Unless your friend gets lucky and finds a GPU at MSRP or close to MSRP, then it's generally not advised to buy a GPU right now. You could use Intel's iGPU while you wait, but the performance is pretty bad on most games at 1080p.

For a CPU, and if you're only looking at Intel, I would suggest an i5-11400 or something like that. Pretty good bang for the buck.

the build is not super time sensitive... i can wait a little bit for the gpu... or push the budget a little higher to 1800€ maybe. 

you think amds better for CPU? he just asked me für the intel/nvidia combo... but maybe i can sell him on amd with one ore two good arguments
i have 1 myself... lower heat production... quiter at idle and low load 

10 minutes ago, skalliwolf said:

the build is not super time sensitive... i can wait a little bit for the gpu... or push the budget a little higher to 1800€ maybe. 

you think amds better for CPU? he just asked me für the intel/nvidia combo... but maybe i can sell him on amd with one ore two good arguments
i have 1 myself... lower heat production... quiter at idle and low load 

It depends really. For him, I would suggest a 3700x since they are better at multi-threaded workloads. An i7-10700k might be a good alternative and they're pretty easy to find under $300, but they do use more power and need beefier cooling.

But yeah, I would wait before buying a GPU. You could go ahead and build the rest of the PC and just wait for prices on GPUs to come down.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

2 minutes ago, tishous said:

It depends really. For him, I would suggest a 3700x since they are better at multi-threaded workloads. An i7-10700k might be a good alternative and they're pretty easy to find under $300, but they do use more power and need beefier cooling.

But yeah, I would wait before buying a GPU. You could go ahead and build the rest of the PC and just wait for prices on GPUs to come down.

i think thats will be the best way... i have some older gpus sitting around and gathering dust... i will put one of those in and when the prices drop... a new gpu for him.

it would be very helpfull for me to get a complete build (on pcpartpicker maybe) for around 1.5-1.8k€ with all the parts and just pretend the gpu can be at msrp