PC parts list, help!

Hi,聽

Finally finished piecing together my pc and want to get some opinions on the parts list 馃槃

The build is being used for programming, 3d cad, full use of the adobe suite, gaming and casual streaming once in a while with friends,聽

I have an RTX 2060 being used as a temp GPU until either a 3070 or 3080 come back in stock and I already have a dark rock pro 4 and storage 馃槃

Thanks for the help,聽

Stay safe,

Lex.

Good looking specs. I would also recommend getting an actual CPU cooler though. The included one is fine if you are going to be using the processor as it is, but if you enable PBO or plan on overclocking, get a better cooler.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO:ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme聽| RAM:4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks聽| GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs:Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD聽| HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive聽| PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition |聽Build Log:here

Just now, Analog said:

Good looking specs. I would also recommend getting an actual CPU cooler though. The included one is fine if you are going to be using the processor as it is, but if you enable PBO or plan on overclocking, get a better cooler.聽

Ill most likely use a dark rock pro 4 or noctua nhd15 chromax black 馃槃

1 minute ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Ill most likely use a dark rock pro 4 or noctua nhd15 chromax black 馃槃

聽Both are great coolers. You can't go wrong with either one.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO:ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme聽| RAM:4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks聽| GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs:Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD聽| HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive聽| PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition |聽Build Log:here

12 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Hi,聽

Finally finished piecing together my pc and want to get some opinions on the parts list 馃槃

The build is being used for programming, 3d cad, full use of the adobe suite, gaming and casual streaming once in a while with friends,聽

I have an RTX 2060 being used as a temp GPU until either a 3070 or 3080 come back in stock and I already have a dark rock pro 4 and storage 馃槃

Thanks for the help,聽

Stay safe,

Lex.

Is it really necessary to go with the 3900X? Like going 5800X is just better in my opinion. I just don't think you need 12 cores for any of that work you have. The max usage of your cpu if your using it for any of these is like 6 cores. Gaming and Streaming will just use almost all, but all the other programs are gonna use 6 or less. Also, why go overkill on your power supply, you could get one for like 100 euros, which is the Cooler Master V750 SFX PSU. If your really working on some professional stuff, I suggest going 32 GB instead of 16.聽

Current Setup: PC

1 minute ago, Anonymous_Yee said:

Is it really necessary to go with the 3900X? Like going 5800X is just better in my opinion. I just don't think you need 12 cores for any of that work you have. The max usage of your cpu if your using it for any of these is like 6 cores. Gaming and Streaming will just use almost all, but all the other programs are gonna use 6 or less. Also, why go overkill on your power supply, you could get one for like 100 euros, which is the Cooler Master V750 SFX PSU. If your really working on some professional stuff, I suggest going 32 GB instead of 16.聽

SFX psus are a pain to find in the UK and the sf 750聽was the most reasonably priced one haha, as for memory I will probs upgrade to 32gb but cant afford it just yet xD.聽

聽The 3900x I'm still not set on, ive been looking at both the 3900x and the 5800x for a while since the 5900x is completely either out of stock or over priced atm. I put some questions on a few forums however people were split 50/50. I heard some cad software prefers more cores, and I would like to cut render times down 馃槃聽as cad is one of my main priorities xD

30 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

SFX psus are a pain to find in the UK and the sf 750聽was the most reasonably priced one haha, as for memory I will probs upgrade to 32gb but cant afford it just yet xD.聽

聽The 3900x I'm still not set on, ive been looking at both the 3900x and the 5800x for a while since the 5900x is completely either out of stock or over priced atm. I put some questions on a few forums however people were split 50/50. I heard some cad software prefers more cores, and I would like to cut render times down 馃槃聽as cad is one of my main priorities xD

Well for cores and stuff, the 3900X wins at that, but for performance, I would say that the 5800X wins there. The reason why I say this is because the 5800X just has extremely better performance single core. Although the 3900X is better in general because the extra 4 cores. But think about this: If you were to cut down the 3900X's performance down to single, then times the many cores CAD needs, the 5800X is WAY better.聽 Formula is: cpu total cores / by the ammount of cores it has x the amount of cores a software needs. In which, I don't think any needs more than 6 cores. Which means, that the 5800X is considerably the winner. That's what I think of it logically with some math. But otherwise get the 3900X if 12 cores is really that necessary.

But that's what I would say, but I suggest going with 5800X and them upgrading your RAM, if there really isn't any other psu you can get, I guess that's the best one.

Current Setup: PC