PC Upgrade Help!

devilxbox

Hi everyone !
I've been rooking a FX 6300 for almost 6 years, solid for a really low end pc gaming capable of running every game on low settings and multitasking but its time to change since i started playing other more demanding and unoptimized games (escape from tarkov). Recently a friend of mine upgraded his CPU and gave me his Ryzen 5 2400g, bought a b450 Steel Legend motherboard with 2x8g ddr4 3200mhz, but im still using my old RX 480 graphics card. With this free cpu upgrade and overclocked i still have less than 60 fps  mid settings in escape from tarkov and it stutters a few times and its giving me that feeling of input lag. i have some money saved to buy both a cpu or graphics upgrade.
My question is, is my graphics card not enought? Should i buy a GPU and CPU? 
Appreciate the help guys ! PS. I know my inglish is not the best sorry 🤣

<-- Moved to New Builds and Planning -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

42 minutes ago, devilxbox said:

Hi everyone !
I've been rooking a FX 6300 for almost 6 years, solid for a really low end pc gaming capable of running every game on low settings and multitasking but its time to change since i started playing other more demanding and unoptimized games (escape from tarkov). Recently a friend of mine upgraded his CPU and gave me his Ryzen 5 2400g, bought a b450 Steel Legend motherboard with 2x8g ddr4 3200mhz, but im still using my old RX 480 graphics card. With this free cpu upgrade and overclocked i still have less than 60 fps  mid settings in escape from tarkov and it stutters a few times and its giving me that feeling of input lag. i have some money saved to buy both a cpu or graphics upgrade.
My question is, is my graphics card not enought? Should i buy a GPU and CPU? 
Appreciate the help guys ! PS. I know my inglish is not the best sorry 🤣

I'm pretty sure your graphics card is enough.

My money is on the CPU,escape from tarkov is very CPU intensive.

Your GPU shouldn't cause those stutters.

The 2400g is good but not good enough for this game.How large is your budget exactly?The b450 motherboard will allow you to upgrade to pretty much any Ryzen CPU.

8 hours ago, Cheburek said:

I'm pretty sure your graphics card is enough.

My money is on the CPU,escape from tarkov is very CPU intensive.

Your GPU shouldn't cause those stutters.

The 2400g is good but not good enough for this game.How large is your budget exactly?The b450 motherboard will allow you to upgrade to pretty much any Ryzen CPU.

my budget atm is 400$, im thinking about upgrading to a ryzen 5 5600x, whats your thoughts on this cpu? will i notice a big diference in performance?

13 hours ago, devilxbox said:

my budget atm is 400$, im thinking about upgrading to a ryzen 5 5600x, whats your thoughts on this cpu? will i notice a big diference in performance?

The difference is gigantic,the 5600x is a great CPU,I don't know if it will double your FPS but it will surely make your EFT games feel much smoother.

2 hours ago, Cheburek said:

The difference is gigantic,the 5600x is a great CPU,I don't know if it will double your FPS but it will surely make your EFT games feel much smoother.

if it gives me atleast 60 or 120fps im fine with it ! 
appreciate the help brother ! godbless and have a nice day/night !