My Laptop's ports

Hey guys, so I recently bought a MacBook Pro for Uni and I wanted to connect my laptop to my monitor for better accessibility. I was contemplating on getting a dock or an adapter. However, I couldn't figure out whether I should get a dock for multiple ports like ethernet, HDMI, USB ports etc. or should I stick w separate adapters. Price isn't an issue here. I'm just wondering if it's better to use one port for all my devices or use a different port for each connection for instance one for ethernet, one to charge, one to connect to my external display, and for to connect my phone to. I do not know if I explained my question right. LOL but I did my best. Help is appreciated thank you. 

11 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I'd say a dock's probably the best option, it'll be far more convenient for you as well

but wouldn't you say it'll draw a lot of power from one port

Just now, AwayComet108 said:

but wouldn't you say it'll draw a lot of power from one port

Docks typically have an external power connector. If they're USB-C and the laptop supports USB-C charging, they can also charge the laptop.

elephants

1 hour ago, FakeKGB said:

Docks typically have an external power connector. If they're USB-C and the laptop supports USB-C charging, they can also charge the laptop.

Do you know any good ones?

9 hours ago, AwayComet108 said:

Do you know any good ones?

I do not. My only experience with them is the one my dad has (well, one broke and he got a replacement).

elephants