RTX 3080 New Build Critique

lucidhal

Budget (including currency): Rs. 2,70,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light Deep Learning, Flight Sim (VR hopefully), General Photoshop

Other details: Has to last for ~5 years.

Here's the part list so far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dfjHTJ. Please let me know if I can do anything better. I'm particularly worried about cooling. I like the CL500 since it looks more like a professional computer or a mac but not sure if the cooling is going to be decent under heavy loads. Also, is the DeepCool Assassin III good for this build?

That cooler should be great for the 5900x. The CL500 should have good enough airflow as long as you don't block the front, top or back of the case.

One thing I would probably change. Either get a higher end Gen3 SSD of the same capacity for around the same money, like the Sabrent Rocket, so you have much higher IOPS, or just spend a little bit extra for a better class Gen4 SSD.

Edit: After looking through more specs and reviews, that ADATA drive looks pretty great, unless there was a sale on a higher end drive like WD or Samsung, I probably wouldn't change it.

14 minutes ago, AaronThomas said:

That cooler should be great for the 5900x. The CL500 should have good enough airflow as long as you don't block the front, top or back of the case.

One thing I would probably change. Either get a higher end Gen3 SSD of the same capacity for around the same money, like the Sabrent Rocket, so you have much higher IOPS, or just spend a little bit extra for a better class Gen4 SSD.

Edit: After looking through more specs and reviews, that ADATA drive looks pretty great, unless there was a sale on a higher end drive like WD or Samsung, I probably wouldn't change it.

I can find a Samsung 970 Evo Plus for $100 more, is it worth the extra over the ADATA ssd?

If you are going to go up in budget that much, I'd say look into a Samsung 980 Pro or a WD SN850.... if those are too costly, then I'd just keep the GAMMIX S50.