HyperX Ngenuity crashing if MSI afterburner is open

I was checking why the Ngenuity app was crashing, someone said in a old reddit thread to close MSI afterburner/RTSS. I closed them, and now the app doesn't crash. What could cause Ngenuity to crash because MSI afterburner/RTSS?

It's definitely RTSS, just started noticing Hyperx Ngenuity crashing today and came across your post. Began playing around with a lot of the setting in RTSS and couldn't get it to become compatible at all. The moment I set the "Application  detection level" to "None" then NGENUITY stopped crashing on me. The application detection level says, "Intercepts applications calls to Direct3d and OpenGL runtime libraries." among other things, but I'm assuming RTSS is trying to intercept and act on NGENUITY and somehow they're colliding hmm.....

• 3 months later...

HyperX NGENUTY crash fix with MSI Afterburner / RivaTunerStaticServer

In my case I discovered that HyperX NGENUTY crashed me by MSI Afterburner / RivaTunerStaticServer, I finally found how to use it without closing both programs, after a time of trial and error, I discovered that the HyperX NGENUTY application is launched from C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps, with this you can create a rule of explución in RTSS.

Follow these steps to fix the incompatibility of both programs:
1. Go to RTSS (RivaTunerStaticServer) and click on ADD in the main application menu.
2. You are looking for the following route,
C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ yourpersonalcode.NGENUITY_versionapp_x64 \ NGenuity2.exe and double click.
3. We select NGenuity2.exe in the left side menu of RTSS and put Applicaction Detection Level = None in the options on the right only for NGenuity2.exe, leaving the Global option in the middle
4. We restart HyperX NGENUITY.
5. Enjoy the software without crashes.

NOTE: even if you are an administrator, you cannot access C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps, but RTSS can, so it is advisable to launch RTSS for step 2 with administrator rights.

I hope it helps you and I am sorry for my low level of English.

RTSS1.JPG

RTSS2.JPG