Strange noise from PSU

Glennsssa
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It's because you're using a CV650 with a 3070.  😄

This is normal with that combo.  Double forward PSUs weren't meant to power Ampere cards.  

Hey everyone! Sorry if this has been covered before, but today I changed my CPU cooler (my old one was stupid loud), and I've started hearing a buzzing noise as soon as my gpu is on a high load! It didn't sound like coil whine to me, but I might be wrong. If anyone has any ideas I'd be super grateful!

I'm using a Corsair CV650 with a 3070.

Sorry the noise is a little hard to hear!

This is normal with that combo.  Double forward PSUs weren't meant to power Ampere cards.  

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ahhh right I see! oops! I cheaped out a bit on the PSU so I guess I should've expected it! Just to make sure, it's not too big of a cause for concern is it? I don't wanna end up damaging anything!

1 minute ago, Glennsssa said:

Ahhh right I see! oops! I cheaped out a bit on the PSU so I guess I should've expected it! Just to make sure, it's not too big of a cause for concern is it? I don't wanna end up damaging anything!

Nothing is getting damaged.  It's just noise.

There's an SI up in the Nordics that are making pre-builds with the CV650 and 3070 cards and they haven't reported any problems other than the noise. 

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Nothing is getting damaged.  It's just noise.

There's an SI up in the Nordics that are making pre-builds with the CV650 and 3070 cards and they haven't reported any problems other than the noise. 

Ahhh right, that's a relief then! Thanks so much for your help!