AMD 3900x idle 100% CPU usage.

I have a AMD 3900x with MSI x570 gaming edge WiFi. Currently I am facing a weird problem. In idle the task manger picks random processes and give it high CPU usage percentage. even though those processes never used more than 5% CPU before. total CPU usage even in idle will reach 100% and stay there or will give spikes. my CPU fan running high now. Another thing, When I tried to change my thermal paste of my CPU I accidentally yanked out the CPU with the cooler from the socket, As a result, some pins got bend. But, I used a needle to straiten those pins and It worked. It was few months ago, Back then I didn't face that problem. Is it possible maybe those pins aren't making proper contacts anyhow and making that problem? I am even getting some random 2-5 second freezes now in Firefox. Didn't try other things yet. Please help me out.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 232723.png

Just now, Shehab Ahmed said:

I have a AMD 3900x with MSI x570 gaming edge WiFi. Currently I am facing a weird problem. In idle the task manger picks random processes and give it high CPU usage percentage. even though those processes never used more than 5% CPU before. total CPU usage even in idle will reach 100% and stay there or will give spikes. my CPU fan running high now. Another thing, When I tried to change my thermal paste of my CPU I accidentally yanked out the CPU with the cooler from the socket, As a result, some pins got bend. But, I used a needle to straiten those pins and It worked. It was few months ago, Back then I didn't face that problem. Is it possible maybe those pins aren't making proper contacts anyhow and making that problem? I am even getting some random 2-5 second freezes now in Firefox. Didn't try other things yet. Please help me out.

try reseting windows to a clean install the might fix it  (it might be a virus) 

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mtj08/saved/

1 minute ago, Shehab Ahmed said:

When I tried to change my thermal paste of my CPU I accidentally yanked out the CPU with the cooler from the socket, As a result, some pins got bend.

FYI, this is why you should always (carefully) twist the HSF so as to break the thermal paste bond. Otherwise it will do exactly as it did for you, stick to the HSF and pull the CPU right out of the socket.

Just now, StDragon said:

FYI, this is why you should always (carefully) twist the HSF so as to break the thermal paste bond. Otherwise it will do exactly as it did for you, stick to the HSF and pull the CPU right out of the socket.

Its my 1st time using AMD CPU and their pin CPU. I didn't know it could happen. AS Intel CPU has cover/ guard idk what its called. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned.

5 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

try reseting windows to a clean install the might fix it  (it might be a virus) 

At 1st I thought the same thing. it could be miner/virus. but its not bound to any specific process. Even sometime the task manager itself goes to 100% cpu even when the task manager window is open.

3 minutes ago, Shehab Ahmed said:

Its my 1st time using AMD CPU and their pin CPU. I didn't know it could happen. AS Intel CPU has cover/ guard idk what its called. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned.

Yeah, it's a forgivable mistake; happens far too often than it should. I really wish AMD would ditch pinned package going forward.

I have found exact same problem in this post, But sadly no working solution at least for me

@Shehab Ahmed Your CPU looks very busy when it is supposed to be idle. Here is how the Windows Task Manager graphs look when idle on an Intel CPU. All the background activity on your computer is going to interfere with smooth performance.

image.png.6cafa621448a80159a3b9481e9c0ae4f.png

2 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@Shehab Ahmed Your CPU looks very busy when it is supposed to be idle. Here is how the Windows Task Manager graphs look when idle on an Intel CPU. All the background activity on your computer is going to interfere with smooth performance.

image.png.6cafa621448a80159a3b9481e9c0ae4f.png

It was same for my CPU too. But suddenly its not. I am trying to figure it out.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, Shehab Ahmed said:

I got the same problem as you got, i got my problem why trying some OC in Ryzen Master and wanted to go back to stock and then i noticed that problem. I had something similar before, i had to Reset Windows for it to fix but i hate that this problem even exists, so dumb.

grafik.png.4cb6413074272e7543bde1653f062827.png

On 4/20/2021 at 3:47 AM, PatchyThePirate said:

I got the same problem as you got, i got my problem why trying some OC in Ryzen Master and wanted to go back to stock and then i noticed that problem. I had something similar before, i had to Reset Windows for it to fix but i hate that this problem even exists, so dumb.

grafik.png.4cb6413074272e7543bde1653f062827.png

Let me know if you find any solution to this.