Corsair AF 120 power consumption

Pikatchu

I am trying to use Noctua NA-SRC10, 3 Pin Low-Noise Adaptor Cables for my Corsair AF 120 Blue LED fans.

The adapter says I should use it with fans that have a 2.5watt maximum power draw, does the corsair fan exceed this limiting?

The exact fan model: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/AF-LED-Low-Noise-Cooling-Fan/p/CO-9050084-WW

EDIT: I need to use an adapter because these fans are being used with a old motherboard; it does not have voltage control, only 1 PWM control header and one max speed header. The PWM header does not offer voltage control, so at the moment both fans are running at max speed. I, also, do not want to buy new fans for the old system, as most modern motherboards have both voltage/PWM control on the same headers.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

As they're not PWM you'll control the speed with voltage between 7 - 12V.

So this fan will consume about 2.1 - 3.6W if my math is correct. (Voltage x Amps = Wattage)

So set your fan voltage to 8V or so and you should be fine. (8V x 0.3A = 2.4W)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

As they're not PWM you'll control the speed with voltage between 7 - 12V.

So this fan will consume about 2.1 - 3.6W if my math is correct. (Voltage x Amps = Wattage)

So set your fan voltage to 8V or so and you should be fine. (8V x 0.3A = 2.4W)

Thank you for your reply, but the motherboard does not offer voltage control on either headers. The fans are being ran at 100% at all times.

The motherboard is 

28 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

Thank you for your reply, but the motherboard does not offer voltage control on either headers. The fans are being ran at 100% at all times.

The motherboard is 

Then the fan will run at 12V, and thus at 3.6W.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Then the fan will run at 12V, and thus at 3.6W.

Are all fans running at 0.3Amp? Or is it just this model of corsair fan?

2 hours ago, Pikatchu said:

Are all fans running at 0.3Amp? Or is it just this model of corsair fan?

Just this model.

A Noctua NF-A12x25 for example runs at 0.14A and will consume 1.68W at max speed 12V.