CPU Temps at 90-95 Degrees Celcius

Hello,

It just occurred that today my cpu fans became really loud and my pc kept shutting of every minute.

I looked at my CPU temperatures and it was over 90 degrees which was causing my pc to shut down and give up.

I proceeded to run MalwareBytes and remove all viruses but the problem still occurred.

I speculated that it might be the thermal paste so I removed my old thermal paste and reapplied it. The problem still occurred.

I read online on TomsHardware that it could be the PSU not providing enough power and voltage not being balanced or something. So I think my psu is the issue here as it was a cheap, low efficiency psu.

Specs:

MOBO: B450 Aorus Elite

GPU: RX 5700 XT SAPPHIRE PULSE

CPU: AMD 3700X

RAM: T-Force Grey 3200Mhz 32GB (16x2)

PSU: Cooler Master MWE White 750W 230V 80 Plus Standard PSU

Cooler: ML240L V2 RGB

It could be a faulty sensor, but a replacement cpu cooler is cheaper than either your CPU or motherboard or reapply thermal paste.

548A2B3E-5B1A-48BA-BA26-E43E9F3F9FB5.jpeg

24 minutes ago, FajardoX said:

Hello,

It just occurred that today my cpu fans became really loud and my pc kept shutting of every minute.

I looked at my CPU temperatures and it was over 90 degrees which was causing my pc to shut down and give up.

I proceeded to run MalwareBytes and remove all viruses but the problem still occurred.

I speculated that it might be the thermal paste so I removed my old thermal paste and reapplied it. The problem still occurred.

I read online on TomsHardware that it could be the PSU not providing enough power and voltage not being balanced or something. So I think my psu is the issue here as it was a cheap, low efficiency psu.

Specs:

MOBO: B450 Aorus Elite

GPU: RX 5700 XT SAPPHIRE PULSE

CPU: AMD 3700X

RAM: T-Force Grey 3200Mhz 32GB (16x2)

PSU: Cooler Master MWE White 750W 230V 80 Plus Standard PSU

Cooler: ML240L V2 RGB

You have a liquid cooler...checked to see in BIOS what the power draw is or what it thinks the RPM is (pump speed interpreted as RPM) for the AIO pump?  My first guess with an AIO and temperatures spike is that your pump is dead, assuming the cold plate is properly placed on the CPU and TIM is good (which you've already checked).

I highly doubt it's your PSU.

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

You have a liquid cooler...checked to see in BIOS what the power draw is or what it thinks the RPM is (pump speed interpreted as RPM)?  My first guess with an AIO and temperatures spike is that your pump is dead, assuming the cold plate is properly placed on the CPU and TIM is good (which you've already checked).

I’m checking in bios right now and temperatures vary from 45-55 degrees constantly fluctuating. Fan speeds also change a lot from 950RPM-1500RPM. Out of no where my fans just got loud and temps went up to 63 degrees and 1800RPM.

4 minutes ago, FajardoX said:

I’m checking in bios right now and temperatures vary from 45-55 degrees constantly fluctuating. Fan speeds also change a lot from 950RPM-1500RPM. Out of no where my fans just got loud and temps went up to 63 degrees and 1800RPM.

2 minutes late temps drastically dropped to 38 degrees and pc is quiet now wtf

Do you have another cooler you can swap to in order to test?  It's still possible the pump is failing but not quite failed...either that or something's odd about the way the motherboard/CPU is handling power.  You don't have enough on the PSU for it to be strained really...