[1080p] Best 144Hz vs Cheapest 240Hz

zavisnik

I'm looking to buy a new monitor, and I'm a little bit confused between these two mentioned in the title.
More precisely, I was looking at AOC 24G2 as a lot of people are recommending it as leading in its class.
But then again, should I add $100 more and take cheaper 240Hz? 
My budget is around $350, and in my country, for that amount of money, I can get the following monitors: Acer KG251QDbmiipx, Lenovo Legion Y25-25, Samsung LC27RG50FQUXEN
What would you guys suggest?
Thank you in advance!

Do you play FPS games like CS:GO competitively? If so, you would want a 240Hz monitor. If not, you might want the higher-quality 144Hz. Also keep in mind that once you start using a higher Hz monitor, there's no going back. Anything with a lower refresh rate will look jittery and laggy to you once you get used to the smoothness.

A 144 hz IPS panel is better than a 240hz TN panel for most gamers, unless you are really playing competitive or playing games is your job or something like that.

To be honest for me sometimes it takes a solid 5-10 minutes to realize I am at 60hz instead of 120, I would probably barely see the difference with 240.

4 minutes ago, GalacticRuler said:

Do you play FPS games like CS:GO competitively? If so, you would want a 240Hz monitor. If not, you might want the higher-quality 144Hz. Also keep in mind that once you start using a higher Hz monitor, there's no going back. Anything with a lower refresh rate will look jittery and laggy to you once you get used to the smoothness.

I do. I'm also tempted to buy 240Hz one, but I am worried about quality. I will have that in mind 😅

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

A 144 hz IPS panel is better than a 240hz TN panel for most gamers, unless you are really playing competitive or playing games is your job or something like that.

I guess AOC has a great panel, and of those three 240Hz monitors I mentioned Legion has an IPS panel, Acer has TN and Samsung has VA.
I like to play competitively sometimes, but it's not on the level that I'm making money of it.

1 minute ago, zavisnik said:

I do. I'm also tempted to buy 240Hz one, but I am worried about quality. I will have that in mind 😅

I guess AOC has a great panel, and of those three 240Hz monitors I mentioned Legion has an IPS panel, Acer has TN and Samsung has VA.
I like to play competitively sometimes, but it's not on the level that I'm making money of it.

Honestly  most VA panels are not that bad. Tough decision between 144hz IPS and 240 hz VA, but I might lean towards the 240hz panel

25 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Honestly  most VA panels are not that bad. Tough decision between 144hz IPS and 240 hz VA, but I might lean towards the 240hz panel

Thanks for the information, I will probably narrow it down to Samsung vs AOC, but yeah, I will probably also lean towards the 240Hz

Edit: Curious, why you disregarded Lenovo Legion?

36 minutes ago, zavisnik said:

Thanks for the information, I will probably narrow it down to Samsung vs AOC, but yeah, I will probably also lean towards the 240Hz

Edit: Curious, why you disregarded Lenovo Legion?

Didn't say it was bad, in fact it actually seems to be IPS and has better brightness

4 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Didn't say it was bad, in fact it actually seems to be IPS and has better brightness

I mentioned it was an IPS, so you would pick legion over Samsung then?

Just now, zavisnik said:

I mentioned it was an IPS, so you would pick legion over Samsung then?

Yes, considering it also has a 1ms response time

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

Yes, considering it also has a 1ms response time

I was watching some reviews, it's not actually usable in 1ms mode, so count that as 3ms 😅