0xcr8d compatibility with gpu

YourMomStink
Go to solution Solved by Applefreak,
8 minutes ago, YourMomStink said:

i have a 0xcr8d motherboard and don't really know what graphics card to buy. I am wonder if a gtx 1030 ti would work. If anyone could help me with these things i will probably kiss you. thank you

Just now, YourMomStink said:

its a sff case 

You probably have a DELL Optiplex 9020 SFF. You can use any low-profile GPU that fits your budget. A 1030 with low-profile design would work well. Make sure you get one that used GDDR5 memory. That is important because the DDR4 version only performs half as well and costs the same.

i have a 0xcr8d motherboard and don't really know what graphics card to buy. I am wonder if a gtx 1030 ti would work. If anyone could help me with these things i will probably kiss you. thank you

2 minutes ago, YourMomStink said:

gtx 1030 ti

Nvidia never released a 1030 Ti, but a low profile GT 1030 will work in anything that has a PCIe x16 slot.

Tell us more about the system and use case for more meaningful advice.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

4 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Nvidia never released a 1030 Ti, but a low profile GT 1030 will work in anything that has a PCIe x16 slot.

Tell us more about the system and use case for more meaningful advice.

its a sff case 

8 minutes ago, YourMomStink said:

Just now, YourMomStink said:

its a sff case 

You probably have a DELL Optiplex 9020 SFF. You can use any low-profile GPU that fits your budget. A 1030 with low-profile design would work well. Make sure you get one that used GDDR5 memory. That is important because the DDR4 version only performs half as well and costs the same.

2 minutes ago, YourMomStink said:

its a sff case 

Here, answer these questions for us:

1. What CPU:
  2. Memory configuration (ex. 2x4 GB DDR3):
  3. Does the power supply have spare PCIe power (6/8 pin):
  4. What GPU (if any) is in now:
  5. Why are you upgrading:
  6. What are your expectations:

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

7 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Here, answer these questions for us:

1. What CPU:
  2. Memory configuration (ex. 2x4 GB DDR3):
  3. Does the power supply have spare PCIe power (6/8 pin):
  4. What GPU (if any) is in now:
  5. Why are you upgrading:
  6. What are your expectations:

nope

9 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

thank you

1 hour ago, YourMomStink said:

nope

If you are going to ask for help, answering questions to provide the proper background will help the community provide you with the best answer for your question, outside this your reply will severely limit the answers you will receive that will you solve your problem.

Please keep this in mind for future posts. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER