First PC build help!

Budget (including currency): $2000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general 1080p gaming, drawing and work.

Other details just trying to get a general idea of whether my parts are suitable as I have most peripherals except for a monitor. I'll also be using the stock cooler as a cpu cooler and am looking at aesthetics as well as functionality.

Here's my parts:

27 minutes ago, JoyHaska said:

Budget (including currency): $2000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: general 1080p gaming, drawing and work.

Other details just trying to get a general idea of whether my parts are suitable as I have most peripherals except for a monitor. I'll also be using the stock cooler as a cpu cooler and am looking at aesthetics as well as functionality.

Here's my parts:

Seeing that now is a bad time to build a PC, you might as well do what @burnttacosaid, get an intel processor with an iGPU, and literally wait it out. The only two changes would be a good b460 motherboard and and a pair of 2933 MHz RAM. Or if you choose to go Rocket Lake, aka 11400 RAM will be 3200 and mobo will be according to what you need. I'm only suggesting it as the onboard graphics could be a bit better, so if you can, look into it, or stick with 10th gen.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Seeing that now is a bad time to build a PC, you might as well do what @burnttacosaid, get an intel processor with an iGPU, and literally wait it out. The only two changes would be a good b460 motherboard and and a pair of 2933 MHz RAM. Or if you choose to go Rocket Lake, aka 11400 RAM will be 3200 and mobo will be according to what you need. I'm only suggesting it as the onboard graphics could be a bit better, so if you can, look into it, or stick with 10th gen.

A few things for consideration, OP are you bothered about overclocking or do you want a plug and play experience? And how much of your work will utilise the CPU cores? 

If you're only looking at 1080p and not wanting to overclock, I'd agree the 10400 offers really good value (I've just built my first system with it). It will handle something like a 2060 with ease so you're more than covered on the gaming front. 

If you do stuff that needs the CPU cores I'd be more inclined to go with the 3600 (if overclocking) or 11400 if not. 11th gen gets a bad name because of the (relatively speaking) woeful 11900 but the 11400 does seem to get ~20% increase on the 10400 in a lot of applications so for the modest price increase I also think the 11400 offers good value. 

Edit: just seen that you haven't got the monitor yet so a thought for another conversation - you may as well push to 1440p right?