4 Sticks RAM = Freeze @ Windows Loading Screen

Hi guys, i was so confused that if im using 4 sticks of RAM (16 x 4) i always getting freeze @ loading screen or even if i can enter to dekstop it ended up freeze too.

What is cause of this problem? And how to fix this?

CPU : i7 8700

Mobo : MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk

RAM : Corsair CMW32GX4M2A2666C16 [32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300), 16-18-18-36, 1.35V] x 2

PSU : Corsair RM 650

I've tried config RAM in BIOS but no luck :

- Disable / Enable XMP

- Set to lower speed

I've tried all combination of the ram positions, the point is, if 4 sticks installed = freeze

* currently im using only 3 sticks and no problem

* i've ever read about things called "dual rank" about my RAM, i think this may cause the problem?

Thank you...

This video discusses some insightful points on Ram/ranks.

I checked your Mobo Manual, doesnt have a table but says it max's out at 64GB (4x16) at 4000MHz.

i had this issue years ago, where my CPU would only support 1 of those limits at a time, so i had to choose between running 8GB at 667 or 4GB at 800MHz. (back in the ddr2 days lol)

in the early days of ryzen, every additional ram stick you added, required you to step down 1 bin lower on ram clock to maintain stability.

e.g. this table:
download.png.ae597ceedac15e762d3b104bba4f9089.png

these number wont apply directly to intel, but the trend still does (more sticks = more strain on IMC)

well about mobo manual, i've read it too and the ram not in the list, seems best way is to upgrading to newer gen cpu and mobo 🤡