Games stuttering on new PC

A lot of my games are running fine, but certain ones, particularly geometry dash, are noticeably stuttery and near unbearable to play. Roblox seems to run fine, but that's about the only game that runs well.

This is my system:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/ideacentre/500-series/Creator-5i/p/90R70000US

Specs:

i5-10400F

GTX 1660 SUPER

1TB HDD + 256GB SSD

12GB RAM (8GB+4GB, DDR4)

380W PSU

Thank you in advance, and tell me if you need to know anything else.

Stuttering might be a result of thermal throttling, so how are the temperatures?

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

1 minute ago, Tegneren said:

Stuttering might be a result of thermal throttling, so how are the temperatures?

around 75 on the GPU and 60 on the CPU at most.

5 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

around 75 on the GPU and 60 on the CPU at most.

That shouldn't be a problem. 

How are the cpu/gpu usage when the stuttering happens? it might be that one core is peaked while the rest are idling

25 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

12GB RAM (8GB+4GB, DDR4)

Btw. this is a weird memory config, especially for a desktop, but I dont think that's the issue. I have the same config on my laptop because 4GB is soldered, but it runs just fine.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

6 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

That shouldn't be a problem. 

How are the cpu/gpu usage when the stuttering happens? it might be that one core is peaked while the rest are idling

Btw. this is a weird memory config, especially for a desktop, but I dont think that's the issue. I have the same config on my laptop because 4GB is soldered, but it runs just fine.

How can I check what the CPU/GPU usage is where each core will show? Is there a benchmark or should I use a game?

HWInfo64 is best and gives you ALL the info. MSI afterburner can also show yo it with some tweaking in the settings.

But easiest for CPU core usage is Task Manager. In the performance tab under CPU. If it only shows one graph, right click on the graph and choose "Change Graph to > Logical Processors"

6 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

HWInfo64 is best and gives you ALL the info. MSI afterburner can also show yo it with some tweaking in the settings.

But easiest for CPU core usage is Task Manager. In the performance tab under CPU. If it only shows one graph, right click on the graph and choose "Change Graph to > Logical Processors"

From what I can see, when I get it a stutter, one or more of my CPU cores' usages skyrockets to 100% or slightly below that, and then immediately comes back down.

Are these peaks happening only when gaming, or are they happening randomly at other times?(maybe not peaking to 100%) If so there maybe som background tasks eating up CPU-time. Lenovo is known to have much bloatware.

3 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Are these peaks happening only when gaming, or are they happening randomly at other times?(maybe not peaking to 100%) If so there maybe som background tasks eating up CPU-time. Lenovo is known to have much bloatware.

They happen consistently when gaming, and also when opening up apps or click links in google. What can I do to fix or at least help make this better?

7 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

I've looked through some stuff and would it be a good idea to disable core parking?

4 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

I've looked through some stuff and would it be a good idea to disable core parking?

You can try it. Check also in Resource monitor under "CPU" if there are any parked cores

You can also check if the power plan is set to power saver or something like it. If so change it to Balanced or Performance.

7 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

You can try it. Check also in Resource monitor under "CPU" if there are any parked cores

You can also check if the power plan is set to power saver or something like it. If so change it to Balanced or Performance.

Alright, thank you!

1 minute ago, bungusboy81 said:

Alright, thank you!

You can also check in Task Manager if there are any processes with high cpu use when you're not doing anything else. Check the same while gaming if there are anything other than the game giving the peaks.