Upgrade build

Janocte

1. Budget & Location

~$2500, USA

2. Aim

Gaming and work. I do database work so nothing too intensive is needed. I also play MMO's, shooters and rogue-likes.

3. Monitors

2 Monitors, both are 1080p

4. Peripherals

No peripherals needed. I would like to run windows 10

5. Why are you upgrading?

Excess of money to spend and would like to make an update. Though...it may be early next year before I can even obtain the 3080 that I want for MSRP.

Here is the build I plan to create:

Thoughts, tips, reminders, all welcome! Thank you

Don't forget to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we aren't going to receive your answers...

~Jano

@Downkey Thanks for the alternative build. 2 questions....1) Are any of these suggestions founded in a particular meaning? That is, did you choose these at random or do you have a reason behind some of those suggestions? 2) Is the Ryzen 9 worth the price upgrade from the Ryzen 7?

Thanks!

Don't forget to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we aren't going to receive your answers...

~Jano

Just now, Janocte said:

@Downkey Thanks for the alternative build. 2 questions....1) Are any of these suggestions founded in a particular meaning? That is, did you choose these at random or do you have a reason behind some of those suggestions? 2) Is the Ryzen 9 worth the price upgrade from the Ryzen 7?

Thanks!

Well I simply chose better value options so you could fit a 5900x in there while not compromising on the actual components

The 5900x is worth the extra imo. 50% more cores and threads

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

Well I simply chose better value options so you could fit a 5900x in there while not compromising on the actual components

The 5900x is worth the extra imo. 50% more cores and threads

Thanks man/woman. Appreciate the justification in there

~Jano

Also...I feel like everytime I have built a computer I have forgotten exactly 1 piece that I needed. If anyone thinks of a part that might be good to buy, let me know. I already thought of a Riser cable (though idk if it matters which one to buy?).

~Jano