N00b SIM & Travel Question

Hackentosher
Go to solution Solved by Dr0idGh0sT,
17 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

That's what I figured, the phone is through ATT in the US. I've never unlocked an iPhone before, do you know if it's challenging?

If not on contract or blacklisted, At&t is very easy to unlock. Fallow link

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

I'm traveling to central America this summer, and I'd like to have some limited phone useage. I think I'm looking for a prepaid sim with maybe a gig of data, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure how this will work with my locked iPhone 11. Can I just pop in a prepaid sim and head off to the races?

ASU

On 4/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, Hackentosher said:

I'm traveling to central America this summer, and I'd like to have some limited phone useage. I think I'm looking for a prepaid sim with maybe a gig of data, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure how this will work with my locked iPhone 11. Can I just pop in a prepaid sim and head off to the races?

How come your iphone is locked? On wich courier? If it's locked, U can't use another sim card. 

3 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

How come your iphone is locked? On wich courier? If it's locked, U can't use another sim card. 

That's what I figured, the phone is through ATT in the US. I've never unlocked an iPhone before, do you know if it's challenging?

ASU