Powerful enough system?

Jasun

Budget (including currency): <=$800 (basically as cheap as possible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like VALORANT, CSGO, etc. medium-intensive games. Very light photo editing, video editing, everything university related. 

Other details: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HnJn4d - part list but it's the very minimal. I'm getting a deal from a friend for the GPU so DO NOT CHANGE that. For the RAM, I just wanted to find one as cheap as possible so someone is willing to sell me that but I know that Ryzen CPUs are very picky so a little more money on that, I can do. 

Peripherals do not need to be included- I have everything already. 

I just want yall's thoughts on this and how to make this part list as efficient as powerful without spending too much money. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 minute ago, Jasun said:

Budget (including currency): <=$800 (basically as cheap as possible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like VALORANT, CSGO, etc. medium-intensive games. Very light photo editing, video editing, everything university related. 

Other details: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HnJn4d - part list but it's the very minimal. I'm getting a deal from a friend for the GPU so DO NOT CHANGE that. For the RAM, I just wanted to find one as cheap as possible so someone is willing to sell me that but I know that Ryzen CPUs are very picky so a little more money on that, I can do. 

Peripherals do not need to be included- I have everything already. 

I just want yall's thoughts on this and how to make this part list as efficient as powerful without spending too much money. 

Would go for b550 (or even b450) over a520.

Phanteks P360a has much better airflow than an H510

Would say to get a little higher mhz ram, but 16gb of ram for under 50 dollars is a steal, so you can keep that

CXM 550 is good enough https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B72W0A2?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This is what I would go with:

Better components across the board for basically the same price.

stay away from A-series motherboards, the money you save on them is not worth the decrease in component quality. Any B450 should be fine as you won't need the features of b550 for the r5 3600, if you plan on upgrading to 5000-series cpu getting a x470 board might be worth it.

I noticed that your PSU isn't on the PSU-tier list so you might want to have a look at that too. (

• Daily Driver : Ryzen 5 3600 - Aorus Ultra Gaming x470 - Strix RTX2070 - MSI Ventus V2 RTX2080 - (4x16Gb) HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz - Corsair Carbide 300r
  • HTPC : FX-8350 - Asus Sabertooth 990Fx rev2.0 - 2x Asus GTX660Ti - (4x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance - Scratch built oak and walnut chassi
  • NAS (Unraid) : Ryzen 3 3200G - Asus Prime B450-A - (2x4Gb) HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz - 3 x Seagate IronWolf 4tb - 500gb SSD cache drive - Scratch build IronWolf themed case

Oh, I forgot to mention that I want a fully modular PSU

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 minute ago, Jasun said:

The one I listed is semi-modular - here's a fully modular one:

12 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Least of your worry at this price range, really. Just choke the unused cables right down below near the hole where the cables come from.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

20 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Great build, mostly what I thought.

I would cheap out on a case since it doesn't really matter, save 20 bucks.

Im not familiar with this NVME model but its pretty standard and has DRAM which is crucial in my opinion.

you could go for that, or just take a WD SN550 1tb, doesn't cost that much.

45 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Exactly what I was going to recommend. However, the Team MP33 is like $15 or so cheaper and is still around the same performance of the MP34.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 hours ago, kendrick lamar said:

Great build, mostly what I thought.

I would cheap out on a case since it doesn't really matter, save 20 bucks.

Im not familiar with this NVME model but its pretty standard and has DRAM which is crucial in my opinion.

you could go for that, or just take a WD SN550 1tb, doesn't cost that much.

5 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Exactly what I was going to recommend. However, the Team MP33 is like $15 or so cheaper and is still around the same performance of the MP34.

The SN550 and MP33 are both DRAMless, hence my reason for avoiding them. The case is the cheapest I'd consider to have acceptable build quality and airflow.