No signal, Ryzen 5 2600+ RX 560

BL3ND3RMAN
Go to solution Solved by Poque,

You might aswell try 1 stick of ram at a time to see if they are broken.When i had issues with booting my screen wasn't turning on because of dead ram.

I built this pc about 3 months ago and tested it with a friend's 1070 and it worked just fine, I was able to get past the BIOS and install the drivers. I am still waiting to purchase a gpu, so for now another friend is letting me borrow his RX 560. However, there is no signal when I turn it on. I've tried unplugging the gpu and plugging it back in, making sure its clicked in, using HDMI instead of DisplayPort, changing monitor, and the gpu fans spin and the power led lights up, but nothing worked. The monitor knows something it is plugged into something as when I unplug the DisplayPort from the gpu it turns off the screen, but when it is plugged in, it says "no signal". (this probably doesn't mean anything but when I turn the pc on it says DVI in the top right then disappears.) Is there a way to fix this or is the gpu dead?

Plug the diagnostic speaker into the front panel header and see if you get some beeps. Count them and look them up. If you get a GPU failure sequence, maybe test the card in your friend's PC to confirm the card has an issue. 

ebay for 3 bucks

s-l500.jpg.dcb44ee9eb0663a700f17f9794615d4d.jpg

You might aswell try 1 stick of ram at a time to see if they are broken.When i had issues with booting my screen wasn't turning on because of dead ram.

6 hours ago, BL3ND3RMAN said:

I built this pc about 3 months ago and tested it with a friend's 1070 and it worked just fine, I was able to get past the BIOS and install the drivers. I am still waiting to purchase a gpu, so for now another friend is letting me borrow his RX 560. However, there is no signal when I turn it on. I've tried unplugging the gpu and plugging it back in, making sure its clicked in, using HDMI instead of DisplayPort, changing monitor, and the gpu fans spin and the power led lights up, but nothing worked. The monitor knows something it is plugged into something as when I unplug the DisplayPort from the gpu it turns off the screen, but when it is plugged in, it says "no signal". (this probably doesn't mean anything but when I turn the pc on it says DVI in the top right then disappears.) Is there a way to fix this or is the gpu dead?

first try to clean your RAM pcb, secondly try onboard graphics (if ur cpu have one), try the 1080ti from before, or try clearing tge  CMOS with the rx 560

19 hours ago, Poque said:

This worked for some reason. I took out one stick and it booted, i turned it off and inserted the other stick again and it works now. Why is this?

9 hours ago, BL3ND3RMAN said:

This worked for some reason. I took out one stick and it booted, i turned it off and inserted the other stick again and it works now. Why is this?

Most likely a bad ram stick or it didnt connect well in the socket.Try rebooting a few times and see if it works ok.If it does then problem solved.If it doesnt reposition the ram stick.