How to disable laptop GPU and GPU fan

AncientPistol

I have an MSI GL63 laptop, with intel 8750H processor and nvidia 1060 GPU. Recently the fan responsible for cooling the GPU became defective and makes loud rattling noises while providing basically no airflow or cooling. The fan has been damaged and needs to be replaced but the replacement fans are not in stock right now. Until I get those, I cant game but I want to use the laptop for other stuff like checking mail, browsing, excel etc.

So I want to completely disable the GPU fan as well as the GPU itself and run only on the integrated GPU for now. How do I make sure both of these things are completely disabled so that there is no risk of any further damage to any components?

7 minutes ago, AncientPistol said:

I have an MSI GL63 laptop, with intel 8750H processor and nvidia 1060 GPU. Recently the fan responsible for cooling the GPU became defective and makes loud rattling noises while providing basically no airflow or cooling. The fan has been damaged and needs to be replaced but the replacement fans are not in stock right now. Until I get those, I cant game but I want to use the laptop for other stuff like checking mail, browsing, excel etc.

So I want to completely disable the GPU fan as well as the GPU itself and run only on the integrated GPU for now. How do I make sure both of these things are completely disabled so that there is no risk of any further damage to any components?

IDK if you can even disable the fan through software. On MOST laptops, all you get to control your fan is a single button on the keyboard which makes it go full speed and nothing else.. IDK if your laptop is different. But if it got 2 seperate fans for the GPU and CPU, then you should be able to unplug the GPU fan from the motherboard. Only way to disable it from what i know. IDK if its a good idea tho, as you cant really "disable" the 1060 either. It will always run, even if you dont use it to play games, and while the broken fan probably isnt moving as much air as before, it still moves some. And removing it could possibly just cause stuff to overheat.

Go into device manager and find your graphics card there. Disabling it should work.
Note that I haven't done this before so proceed at your risk.