RAM Upgrade issues

RedaSaiko

Hello,

I have actually this config:

• R7 3700x

• MSI B550m Mortar Wifi

• 4 x 16 HyperX Fury DDR4 2666

I wanted to upgrade my ram (I need the sticks actually in use in another computer) and got myself a kit of VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 thinking they will work normally. I haven't checked the QVL for my mobo (this version isn't listed, I found it later). The computer won't post with these ram no matter what I tried. The RGB turns ON but the computer doesn't boot (Ram led on ez debugger).

I can't return this kit and now I have a 64gb memory not doing anything. Anyone here with experience with this model?

• CMW64GX4M2E3200C16 16-20-20-38 - 1.35v v5.49

I searched QVL for various motherboard but never found this precise reference in anyone, for example in B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2, the listed ones are:

• CMK64GX4M2C3200C16 ver 5.49

• CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 ver4.32

• CMK128GX4M4C3200C16 ver 5.49

Is there any solution to make them work on my actual motherboard, or should I get another one? Even this seems difficult since I am outside the US and doesn't have the possibility to return a purchased product if it doesn't work.

Anything will help!!

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, RedaSaiko said:

Hello,

I have actually this config:

• R7 3700x

• MSI B550m Mortar Wifi

• 4 x 16 HyperX Fury DDR4 2666

I wanted to upgrade my ram (I need the sticks actually in use in another computer) and got myself a kit of VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 thinking they will work normally. I haven't checked the QVL for my mobo (this version isn't listed, I found it later). The computer won't post with these ram no matter what I tried. The RGB turns ON but the computer doesn't boot (Ram led on ez debugger).

I can't return this kit and now I have a 64gb memory not doing anything. Anyone here with experience with this model?

• CMW64GX4M2E3200C16 16-20-20-38 - 1.35v v5.49

I searched QVL for various motherboard but never found this precise reference in anyone, for example in B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2, the listed ones are:

• CMK64GX4M2C3200C16 ver 5.49

• CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 ver4.32

• CMK128GX4M4C3200C16 ver 5.49

Is there any solution to make them work on my actual motherboard, or should I get another one? Even this seems difficult since I am outside the US and doesn't have the possibility to return a purchased product if it doesn't work.

Anything will help!!

Thank you.

Have you tried a CMOS reset? That usually fixes these issues.

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

26 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Have you tried a CMOS reset? That usually fixes these issues.

Yeah I have tried it a few times, tried 1 stick, every possible combination...etc. I am really lost with this kit (and I can't return it).

1 minute ago, RedaSaiko said:

Yeah I have tried it a few times, tried 1 stick, every possible combination...etc. I am really lost with this kit (and I can't return it).

I'm a bit confused from your post.. what do you have access to? Can you enter your UEFI?

2 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

I'm a bit confused from your post.. what do you have access to? Can you enter your UEFI?

Nothing, the motherboard doesn't pass POST, the debugger led is stuck on ram.

2 minutes ago, RedaSaiko said:

Gotta run diag.

Hook the error beep speaker up to the board.

If the memory is bad, you should get some beeps.

If the memory is totally dead and the board is unresponsive but works with the old memory, the bad memory didn't kill your board or Cpu IMC congrats! 

If the memory doesn't post at defaults, it's probably bad. 

"I can't return it" sounds as if you got got. 

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hook the error beep speaker up to the board.

I will try this, my mb have a debug led and it's clearly blocked in the ram. The motherboard is perfectly functional with other rams, but this one isn't listed on the QVL so it's possible this is a compatibility issue (and from what I have read 32gb sticks are tricky).

8 minutes ago, RedaSaiko said:

Nothing, the motherboard doesn't pass POST, the debugger led is stuck on ram.

I suggest following @ShrimpBrime's reply to your post.

5 minutes ago, RedaSaiko said:

but this one isn't listed on the QVL so it's possible this is a compatibility issue (and from what I have read 32gb sticks are tricky).

QVL is bullship. lol. 

It's a pre released tested memory list. 

Never gets updated (that I'm aware of)

and almost all memory Jedec standard is 2133mhz CL 15-15-15-35(36) 1.20v

Edit: Frequency up to 2667mhz is Jedec standards. 

So all DDR4 memory is compatible at default. Cause it's all the same Jedec specs (or super close)

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

QVL is bullship. lol. 

It's a pre released tested memory list. 

Never gets updated (that I'm aware of)

and almost all memory Jedec standard is 2133mhz CL 15-15-15-35(36) 1.20v

Edit: Frequency up to 2667mhz is Jedec standards. 

So all DDR4 memory is compatible at default. Cause it's all the same Jedec specs (or super close)

I am not an expert, but I have seen DDR4 sticks working with some systems and not others. Well I have to try what you have suggested before, I really hope it isn't dead.

2 minutes ago, RedaSaiko said:

I am not an expert, but I have seen DDR4 sticks working with some systems and not others. Well I have to try what you have suggested before, I really hope it isn't dead.

That's pretty rare. I suppose testing them in another system is your next approach. 

If they work, YES awesome!!! Then sell them and pick a different set is totally an option. But for right now, we can call them useless to you.

Tested @ShrimpBrime method with the speaker, now only hope left is to see them working on another motherboard.

1 minute ago, RedaSaiko said:

Tested @ShrimpBrime method with the speaker, now only hope left is to see them working on another motherboard.

Yep. I hope they work in another board. Good Luck!

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yep. I hope they work in another board. Good Luck!

Thank you again for your time.

1 hour ago, RedaSaiko said:

Thank you again for your time.

You're very welcome.