Quiet RGB fans

Galford

Greetings Ltt community.

First of please excuse my english since it‘s not my first language.

- I own the Fractal Define 7.

So far I have still the stock 140mm case fans installed.

Bought the Phanteks Halos for RGB on the stock Fractal fans, but I don’t like the look of them.

- I own the be quiet! Dark Rock slim with the stock cooler on it.

Now to my question:

I want to exchange those fans to RGB fans.

The thing is I’m really sensitive to noise (health condition).

I need

- 3x 140mm and

- 1 (maybe 2)x 120mm fan(s)

They’ll be set to 600-1000 rpm max.

So far I’ve looked into the Lian Li unifans and the Corsair QL models.

What I like about the Corsair products is the commander pro.

I can’t decide what to get and if anyone has experience with both of the products (mostly noise levels at the rpm I’ve posted).

I’m also open to other suggestions.

I hope this post isn’t to long and formatted in a way that it’s understandable and easy to read.

Thank you in advance, 

Galford (Y.G.)

Sorry, forgot to mention, that I want them in white.

Just thought about it, because I want to exchange the CPU heatsink too (I want the heatsink in white). The fan on it doesn't matter since i will put the new fan on it. 

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

Arctic P120 ARGB

best RGB fan you can find

Also there are no 140mm case fans for that model

13 hours ago, NorKris said:

Arctic P120 ARGB

best RGB fan you can find

Didn't even know they exist. Arctic fans have been great in the past. Normally Arctic doesn't give two f**** about RGB.

@OP

If you are sensitive to noise and want the quietest fans possible, than Noctua is worth it. Altough they don't have any RGB fans their "Chromax" fans still look great and are simply the best low-noise fans on the market.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Fractal Design Prisma 120 or 140mm PWM. You can daisy chain them up to 6 fans per chain. 

37 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Didn't even know they exist. Arctic fans have been great in the past. Normally Arctic doesn't give two f**** about RGB.

@OP

If you are sensitive to noise and want the quietest fans possible, than Noctua is worth it. Altough they don't have any RGB fans their "Chromax" fans still look great and are simply the best low-noise fans on the market.

problem with chromax is that they dont perform that good

1 hour ago, Galford said:

Sorry, forgot to mention, that I want them in white.

Just thought about it, because I want to exchange the CPU heatsink too (I want the heatsink in white). The fan on it doesn't matter since i will put the new fan on it. 

Also there are no 140mm case fans for that model

sometimes 120 perform better 🙂 

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

problem with chromax is that they dont perform that good

What? Where did you get that from? The chromax fans are exactly the same, but black with colored rubber corners.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

sometimes 120 perform better 🙂 

If a 140mm fan fits, most 140mm fans will also perform better. The only 120mm fan i know of that can rival 140mm performance is the NF-A12x25 with the 140mm adapter bracket. And then still only on radiators.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

What? Where did you get that from? The chromax fans are exactly the same, but black with colored rubber corners.

true, but the only noctua fan to out perform arctic is the 12x25   and we are still  waiting on a black version of that 

Just now, NorKris said:

true, but the only noctua fan to out perform arctic is the 25x12   and we are still  waiting on a black version of that 

I never said Noctua performs better than Arctic fans in raw performance. But they are better in the noise department. From what OP said, noise is a very important point. The only reason why P12 or P14 fans perform better is because they spin faster and run louder. But i'm not gonna go further off-topic. This is not a Noctua vs. Arctic thread after all.

Basically i found out the hard way that there is no quiet RGB fan on the market that can even rival Noctua's noise/performance ratio. I tried many different fans from Cooler Master, Corsair, etc. and always went back to my Noctua fans because no other fan came as close to what i'd consider silent.

Arctic fans ARE good, just not AS good. They have other reasons why they're awesome. Price for example.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

I never said Noctua performs better than Arctic fans in raw performance. But they are better in the noise department. From what OP said, noise is a very important point. The only reason why P12 or P14 fans perform better is because they spin faster and run louder. But i'm not gonna go further off-topic. This is not a Noctua vs. Arctic thread after all.

Basically i found out the hard way that there is no quiet RGB fan on the market that can even rival Noctua's noise/performance ratio. I tried many different fans from Cooler Master, Corsair, etc. and always went back to my Noctua fans because no other fan came as close to what i'd consider silent.

Arctic fans ARE good, just not AS good. They have other reasons why they're awesome. Price for example.

Just a fast look at how fast the fans can spin to get the same DB

image.thumb.png.cf848c7dca3157e8982d9a354acfef69.png

The temps is not important here.

10 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Just a fast look at how fast the fans can spin to get the same DB

image.thumb.png.cf848c7dca3157e8982d9a354acfef69.png

The temps is not important here.

While they might be the same db, that doesn't mean they sound the same to the human ear. Some have higher pitch whine, some have a lower pitch hum. And the lower pitch hum is much easier to endure than the high pitched whine at the same noise level (db). At these kinds of RPMs the bearing noise is normally also not an issue anymore because it's downed out by the air noise. If you run fans more at 500-700 RPM like me, then bearing noise is a problem with all fans but Noctua's from my experience.

A little off-topic, but i've always asked myself if people actually run anywhere near these GamersNexus tests, as for me most fans over 800 rpm or so get obnoxiously loud.

@NorKris I agree with @Stahlmannthat just because noise level is at a the same db lv or even lower doesnt mean it has the same type of sound. 

@GalfordI assume you mean argb fans. given your case. personally I would recommend TL-D14S ARGB or TL-C14S ARGB from thermalright. solid low noise lv, static pressure,and lighting. the c14s you can also get as a reverse flow fan so you can see the fan hub when its mounted to the front of the case. they also have a 120mm version so you can be matchy matchy with your CPU cooler.

scythe argb fan are very very quiet, but dont move much air either. 

and fyi if you switch to a case that allows more airflow you can run slower fan speeds which equals less noise. 

45 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

@NorKris I agree with @Stahlmannthat just because noise level is at a the same db lv or even lower doesnt mean it has the same type of sound. 

@GalfordI assume you mean argb fans. given your case. personally I would recommend TL-D14S ARGB or TL-C14S ARGB from thermalright. solid low noise lv, static pressure,and lighting. the c14s you can also get as a reverse flow fan so you can see the fan hub when its mounted to the front of the case. they also have a 120mm version so you can be matchy matchy with your CPU cooler.

scythe argb fan are very very quiet, but dont move much air either. 

and fyi if you switch to a case that allows more airflow you can run slower fan speeds which equals less noise. 

I agree with that too. its just that OP asked for quiet RGB fans, therefor Actic's P120 ARGB is the best you can get.