HELP ! Choosing RAM !

guys how do u think corsair vengeance pro vs g.skill trident x ? both are 2400mhz speed :/ , as i know corsair run 1.5V on 2400mhz , i juz wan stable faster and better TIMING ! THANKS !

go corsair

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Go for the cheapest. It should be stable at advertised settings.... Overclocking it is what would make it unstable

G.skill

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I Personally use Corsair Vengeance Pro and its the best ram i have had, i did however get mine more for aesthetics as well as performance, so i would go with corsair for that reason, but that's just me

Hope This Helps

Sir DrowHunter 

Freelancing Since 2012

go corsair

G.skill

Brand of ram doesn't really matter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

TridentX is meant for those going for high OC. Are you sure 2400MHz is what you need or want?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

RAM is RAM, the only difference between brands are appearance, warranty(should be lifetime), and heat dissipation.  Other than those differences, RAM performs the same regardless of brand.  Go for the least expensive 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 RAM you can find.  Even if you get a RAM with tighter timings or higher frequency, the performance difference wont be noticeable, particularly for gaming.

There is a formula you can use to help you pick out RAM, lower is better/faster:

(CL / frequency ) x 2000

example: (9 / 1600) x 2000 = 11.25

Even if you find a RAM that has a faster score, the performance difference wont be very noticeable.  You will be perfectly fine going with the least expensive 4GBx2 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 RAM.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you are trying to buy the best possible RAM on the market, check out the Corsair Dominator Platinum

1600Mhz, 7-8-8-24, 1.5V

(7 / 1600) x 2000 = 8.75

This is a 23% improvement over 9-9-9-24, 1600Mhz RAM, but it costs almost 3 times as much, so it is not a good value.  If you just need your RAM for gaming, the least expensive 4GBx2 9-9-9-24, 1600Mhz, 1.5v is the way to go.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

my budget is around corsair vengeance pro 8GB X 2 and trident x 2400mhz ... some people will ask why do i need 2400mhz , i will say just for fun ? lol

my budget is around corsair vengeance pro 8GB X 2 and trident x 2400mhz ... some people will ask why do i need 2400mhz , i will say just for fun ? lol

Just for fun is not a good answer.  Don't waste money on a component that wont yield noticeable results.  Get the least expensive 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24 1.5v RAM you can find, and with any extra money, buy the best possible video card you can.  This will net you the best gaming performance possible. 

acutally the 2000 multiplication is unecessary....

just divide clockspeed/frequency the lower the number the faster the ram

You're right the x 2000 is not necessary, but I prefer to see the number closer to a whole, rather than as a decimal.  You can still derive the best timing without the x2000, just a preference thing.

so wat u guys prefer in conlucsion ? my rig is in red i dun wan the dominator coz its white led ( sorry bout this :(  
avexir blitz dragon seem quite suitable for my rig but my fren told me timing is very bad , unstable when oc 
so i think trident x and vengeance pro is the best choice 8gb X 2 

You want notice any real life difference at high speed low latency rams....

but if you want to have the fastest one then just check CL number and divide it by the ram frequency  the result will be measured in seconds thus the lower the number the faster the ram

Example

CL7 1866 ram  = 7/1866 = ~0,003751 seconds 

CL9 2400 ram = 9/2400 =  0,003750 seconds... 

So the CL9 2400 Mhz if faster.

If you care about overclocking purchasing the ram with the lower CL and higher frequency is very helpfull but depents on your budget (if you dont care to spend the extra $$$) if you care.. try something faster than standart but not that much expensive and under CL10! 

If you dont care that much for overclocking and also dont care for minimal faster speeds then choose whatever ram looks more atractive to you in terms of colours shape etc.