PC still not entering Sleep after motherboard swap.

420istoday

Alright, I've posted about this before, but with no success. My rig just doesn't seem to like taking a nap, like some bratty kindergärtner that doesn't know how good they have it.

I'm attaching my energy-report.xml to see if any of you chaps could spot the issue, but all of the errors come back with "Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping."

I thought that it may have been an issue with my motherboard but apparently not as I'm having the same issue with my brand new FM2A88X Extreme 6+.

I confirmed it was still doing this at stock clocks on everything, (although my OC failed prime95 after about one and half hours, gotta bring it down a notch).

I don't know what it could be, on the old motherboard I even tried a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and I can never seem to get it to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have Googled it, and I have tried turning it off and back on again.

energy-report.html

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

i would guess you have a program waking it or making it unable to sleep, i had some issues with that in the past, media center kept screwing it

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I have had problems with my pc going to sleep mode myself, but mostly mine has been windows settings, the other thing i would say is to be 100% sure your pc isnt running something in the mean time, for example when i was running steam installs or some form of download it prevents my from sleeping, not sure if you are having the same issue. A good check is to go onto your PSU manufacturer because maybe the power supply doesnt support some sleep states, i had the problem when i moved onto my Haswell i7.

Hope this helps

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Have you tried using "powercfg -requests"? Open an elevated CMD and type "powercfg -requests", and it will list all of the programs that are currently preventing Windows from entering sleep mode. You can then use "-requestsoverride" to override them. More information here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824902.aspx

Good luck :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Have you tried using "powercfg -requests"? Open an elevated CMD and type "powercfg -requests", and it will list all of the programs that are currently preventing Windows from entering sleep mode. You can then use "-requestsoverride" to override them. More information here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824902.aspx

Good luck :)

Yes, there are no requests, I've checked. I can't seem to find out why it just doesn't want to sleep. I have an idea that I'm going to try when I get home, but it's a long shot.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

The issue seems to have resolved itself, I didn't even try the thing I was going to.

Odd. It goes to sleep without issue and wakes up with mouse and keyboard.