Skyrim crashes in Windhelm.

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Just Windhelm. Only the docks and half of the bridge. I had a mod that changes carriages for quite a while. Its not the stables though.

It is then likely something in the docks that cell is probably not loading until you're half way to the bridge. Any mods that change the docks? There's a number of missions that take place there so it could be something to do with East Empire company mods, Solstheim, Anything that modifies the pirate mission you get there, any marriage mod that alter the argonians there, etc. 

Sucks but you might have to uninstall a bunch of them one by one until you find the culprit.

My skyrim closes after I go near enough to windhelm. Its fine for a few secs and then dies.

I have looked into it and found that it happens when the mesh and textures load.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

have you cleaned your master files?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Just in Windhelm? Any other big cities that experience maybe slowdowns or freezing for a few seconds (i.e. Whiterun, Solitude, Riften)? Also are you using any mods? If you're getting slowdowns then it might be just the heavy load on the system but if the game runs fine and crashes just in Windhelm then there's definitely a conflict in that particular cell. I used to have a very very similar issue, except when traveling near Lakeview Manor in Falkreath and I traced it down to an incompatible mod, specifically a mod that alters the carriages.

Check mods that alter the carriages or any part of Windhelm exteriors and deactivate em to check that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just in Windhelm? Any other big cities that experience maybe slowdowns or freezing for a few seconds (i.e. Whiterun, Solitude, Riften)? Also are you using any mods? If you're getting slowdowns then it might be just the heavy load on the system but if the game runs fine and crashes just in Windhelm then there's definitely a conflict in that particular cell. I used to have a very very similar issue, except when traveling near Lakeview Manor in Falkreath and I traced it down to an incompatible mod, specifically a mod that alters the carriages.

Check mods that alter the carriages or any part of Windhelm exteriors and deactivate em to check that.

Just Windhelm. Only the docks and half of the bridge. I had a mod that changes carriages for quite a while. Its not the stables though.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

It is then likely something in the docks that cell is probably not loading until you're half way to the bridge. Any mods that change the docks? There's a number of missions that take place there so it could be something to do with East Empire company mods, Solstheim, Anything that modifies the pirate mission you get there, any marriage mod that alter the argonians there, etc. 

Sucks but you might have to uninstall a bunch of them one by one until you find the culprit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I did. It was a mod called Snow Shader Fix.  Thanks!