Mining on Old Hardware

Hi Ive been a but inspired by the Nicehash ad spot in recent content and I would like to start mining on my PC. I have an older computer though that I dont use for anything and could run it full time mining. Its running older hardware though: An intel i5-3570K, 16 Gbs of ram and 2x Gtx 660 ti Superclocked 3GB version.

Would it be worth it at all to run this computer with nicehash or betterhash or something maybe more beneficial? 

I tried using calculators but they dont seem to list hardware going back this far and Ive also heard that some software wont even work with older software. 

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you so much

Not worth it, that gpu won't produce enough hashrate especially with only 3gb of vram.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, ShadowWrath5 said:

An intel i5-3570K, 16 Gbs of ram and 2x Gtx 660 ti Superclocked 3GB version.

Would it be worth it at all to run this computer with nicehash or betterhash or something maybe more beneficial? 

unless you have free electricity, this is a huge no

I'm not even entirely sure if there are miners(application) that would run on your hardware

anything below 900 series nvidia isnt worth mining on

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Even with 2 Gpus? for 6GB total? 

I also dont have to pay for my power bill so I dont have that overhead as well.

Just now, Moonzy said:

unless you have free electricity, this is a huge no

I'm not even entirely sure if there are miners(application) that would run on your hardware

anything below 900 series nvidia isnt worth mining on

Welp I guess that answers that.

My main rig has a 3900x and a 1060 but I feel like that is still barely going to produce any profits

Just now, ShadowWrath5 said:

Welp I guess that answers that.

My main rig has a 3900x and a 1060 but I feel like that is still barely going to produce any profits

3900x requires some undervolting (im running mine at 1v 3.5-3.7ghz, 80W), but it's not that great overall

1060 is actually still ok if it's the 6gb variant, but requires undervolting as well (every gpu needs undervolting to be at their best efficiency)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It would be basically a complete waste for mining. If you want it to do something useful you should look into Folding@home instead. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Ill definitely look into folding at home then for my old rig and undervolting on my main. Thank you so much for the help.