Help my screen isn't connecting.

FatApe79

I just built my pc and the fans start up and the motherboard lights up but the hdmi isn't showing anything on the monitor. I plugged it in to the motherboard because it has integrated graphics. Im also using an ssd that has windows already on is just from a different pc. What am I doing wrong?

Specs?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Ryzen 3 3200g, 16gb ddr4 3200, Asus B450MA II, corsair and lian li fans, Lian Li case, EVGA 500w power supply, M.2 ssd I used from a laptop- this might be the problem.

Does it have updated bios? Some will need bios update for that cpu to operate.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

uh no- the motherboard came with a dvd but i dont have a dvd player for that... I can put the ssd into the laptop it was in would that work?

1 minute ago, FatApe79 said:

Ryzen 3 3200g, 16gb ddr4 3200, Asus B450MA II, corsair and lian li fans, Lian Li case, EVGA 500w power supply, M.2 ssd I used from a laptop- this might be the problem.

Quote people so they get notified of your reply if they click off the page. Little arrow below comment.

It should at least boot to BIOS and show that on screen so I don't think it's your SSD. Double check that everything is plugged in properly, especially your RAM. Any post codes?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Quote people so they get notified of your reply if they click off the page. Little arrow below comment.

It should at least boot to BIOS and show that on screen so I don't think it's your SSD. Double check that everything is plugged in properly, especially your RAM. Any post codes?

The ssd was from a laptop so I didn't add a new bios or anything. I don't know what post codes are, the motherboard has no display or anything.

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

OK i have an update, I put the ram in again and now my keyboard and mouse are lighting up but the display still shows nothing.

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait it worked tysm it was the ram wasn't in enough.