(Upgrade Help) Bitdefender BOX 2 with Modem, Router, and Wifi extensions?

DankDoodles

Plan is to upgrade my WiFi setup, but I need help setting it up.

I want to connect a Modem to the Bitdefender BOX 2 to a Router

My house is VERY very long, the rough measurements I got was ~85 feet by ~60 feet. Problem is that the signal strength the farther you are from the center of the house the weaker it is. I am about to install a security system, including security cameras and a ring doorbell. I want to be able to monitor connected devices easily, and my current setup is a mess and doesn't give me that ability. I am mostly worried about compatibility with Wifi Range Extensions... I need Wifi Range Extensions to get a stronger signal at the edges of my house for myself and the cameras.

Anyone have recommended modem, router, and wifi range extensions that works the best or optimized for Bitdefender BOX 2?

So I have the Nighthawk CAX80 and i definitely recommend it way better then my old router/Modem from Arris.

They also have a subscription for Netgear Armor wich is like $40 a year that does what the Bitdefender Box does.

Price is Vastly different for sure but i have had ZERO issues with Netgear and the Armor subscription.

My experience is that I used to use the BitDefender Box 2 for both my house and my grandparent’s house. Actually its still at my grandparent’s house but I’m not going to renew the subscription.

There is no “mesh” extender available that works directly with the BitDefender Box 2. You are limited to traditional range extenders, which almost never have a dedicated uplink radio, and have to operate in a way that breaks up your network into multiple sections. They are not recommended because while they work for the goal of extending usable internet access, they make connecting and using IoT devices difficult.

My top recommendation is to change to Netgear Orbi or Netgear Nighthawk, with the Netgear Armor subscription which is almost identical to the Bitdefender Box subscription, but cheaper. Its still security by Bitdefender. Both Orbi and Nighthawk have proper mesh networking options.

If you can use an ethernet connection instead of mesh / wireless uplink, it is highly recommended.

If you don’t want to replace the BitDefender Box 2 entirely, you can disable its internal wireless and get a proper AP system like Unifi or Engenius or TPLink Omada, which have their own mesh systems and you can get individual APs for $100-$200 each depending on speed you want. One AP connects to the Box and other(s) use wired or wireless uplink to that AP.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, Viridian said:

So I have the Nighthawk CAX80 and i definitely recommend it way better then my old router/Modem from Arris.

They also have a subscription for Netgear Armor wich is like $40 a year that does what the Bitdefender Box does.

Price is Vastly different for sure but i have had ZERO issues with Netgear and the Armor subscription.

Nighthawk CAX80 is the correct router, right?

Is Netgear Armor still being updated today?

23 hours ago, brwainer said:

My top recommendation is to change to Netgear Orbi or Netgear Nighthawk, with the Netgear Armor subscription which is almost identical to the Bitdefender Box subscription, but cheaper. Its still security by Bitdefender. Both Orbi and Nighthawk have proper mesh networking options.

So are recommending me to get either the NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7000) or the Netgear Orbi?

Can't find what "Netgear Orbi" product thing I should get exactly.

If you can use an ethernet connection instead of mesh / wireless uplink, it is highly recommended.

Unfortunately I don't have any ethernet connections, I found one ethernet wall port in the house but I am pretty sure it's broken since I can't figure out where to connect it to.

get a proper AP system like Unifi or Engenius or TPLink Omada, which have their own mesh systems and you can get individual APs for $100-$200 each depending on speed you want. One AP connects to the Box and other(s) use wired or wireless uplink to that AP.

Could you give me some more information about this? Don't know what name/information I should look up exactly for research.