Cleaning Radiator

NLamki
Go to solution Solved by bowrilla,

Radiators aren't picky with what you use to clean. There's no risk of sucking in small components (unlike with other parts). Just be careful not to handle it too roughly or you might damage it (ranging from optical damages like bent fins to potential leaks)

So I've had an aio for about a month now but live in a very sandy area so it has accumalted a year's worth of dust in a month, so I was curious on how to clean it? So far I just took a brush and dusted it out, but could I use an AC Cleaner on the radiator fins? (similar to the picture of the can attached). 

Ra504d8c3b4c4b9dff3eef539465e0a57.jfif

Couldn't you just use a air compressor? Or datavac?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

22 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Couldn't you just use a air compressor? Or datavac?

yes but wouldn't the ac cleaner do a more thorough job?

21 minutes ago, NLamki said:

yes but wouldn't the ac cleaner do a more thorough job?

Idk. I live in a place where AC isn't widely used. I wouldn't imagine that it would get that dirty, only dusty 🙂

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Radiators aren't picky with what you use to clean. There's no risk of sucking in small components (unlike with other parts). Just be careful not to handle it too roughly or you might damage it (ranging from optical damages like bent fins to potential leaks)

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!