What's the best free OS for elementary school build?

akranjc71
On 3/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, akranjc71 said:

Me and a couple of other students are building a PC for our classroom and the teacher said we can't use windows because they are too expensive. I made some research and not activating windows is apparently illegal. I have a code for windows 7 pro which works with windows 10 pro, but that's apparently illegal as well. Teacher said we'll use ubuntu, but I don't think that's a good idea since some kids don't even know what an operating sistem is. Is the scuffed version of windows 10 (https://youtu.be/nwkiU6GG-YU) relevant? Do you have any other recommendations?

How old are they?

On 3/21/2021 at 9:51 PM, akranjc71 said:

Me and a couple of other students are building a PC for our classroom and the teacher said we can't use windows because they are too expensive. I made some research and not activating windows is apparently illegal. I have a code for windows 7 pro which works with windows 10 pro, but that's apparently illegal as well. Teacher said we'll use ubuntu, but I don't think that's a good idea since some kids don't even know what an operating sistem is. Is the scuffed version of windows 10 (https://youtu.be/nwkiU6GG-YU) relevant? Do you have any other recommendations?

Put Manjaro on it or maybe linux mint

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

You can always install LinuxFX. That's a Linux that, uh, masquarades as Windows 10 and is apparently able to run Windows programs. I never used it but it looks like something that might be useful for you. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.