HELP?

NikitaSch

When i switch to pwm my fans are stuck on max rpm and cant control them but if i switch to dc mode i can control the rpm , even turn them off or apply to them low rpm, I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

When i switch to pwm my fans are stuck on max rpm and cant control them but if i switch to dc mode i can control the rpm , even turn them off or apply to them low rpm, I'm confused.

How many pins do your fans have?

If your fans have 3 pins, PWM mode just sends 12V to the fans, with 3 pins this means full power (3 pin = voltage regulated speed = 12V full speed). 3rd pin is the data/rpm pin.

If you have 4 pins, the 4th pin is the PWM pin. They always run at 12V and are controlled with the 4th pin. If you use DC mode on a 4-pin PWM fan, it will run at the voltage provided since it has no PWM input. Generally, for noise and longevity, PWM fans are preferred.

like i said i have 4 pin fans but dc mode is doing what pwm mode is supposed to do 🙂

5 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

like i said i have 4 pin fans but dc mode is doing what pwm mode is supposed to do 🙂

Which fans are you using and what is your setup/rest of the specs?)

EDIT: not mentioned in topicstart that you had 4 pin fans 🙂

4 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Which fans are you using and what is your setup/rest of the specs?)

asrock b460 pro4 , i5 10400f, artic coolers 4pin , old radeon gpu , i also have a noname fan hub that i got for 2 bucks maybe the hub is the problem

2 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

asrock b460 pro4 , i5 10400f, artic coolers 4pin , old radeon gpu , i also have a noname fan hub that i got for 2 bucks maybe the hub is the problem

Is the fan hub a 3-pin fan hub?

If it's really that cheap, that is probably the cause. Try using the fans on seperate headers or use a fan splitter instead of those hubs. For my 3 front fans I use an EK Y-splitter for 3 4-pin fans. Works like a charm and usually cheaper than branded fan hubs.

25 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Is the fan hub a 3-pin fan hub?

If it's really that cheap, that is probably the cause. Try using the fans on seperate headers or use a fan splitter instead of those hubs. For my 3 front fans I use an EK Y-splitter for 3 4-pin fans. Works like a charm and usually cheaper than branded fan hubs.

It is 4pin , i am going to try plugging in all the fans directly in the motherboard