Used panel from an EIZO S2133 screen; would anyone even want it? (*no longer available*)

Phas3L0ck

Long story short, about a year ago, I bought an EIZO S2133 on auction and, while it works perfectly, it had a fair amount of wear including light scratches, a few dead pixels, and image burn (not to mention on hell of a backstory for its operational life)... skip through time, I later bought a replacement panel for about 1/3 the cost of a brand new complete monitor (although listed as "new," it still has a couple of faded pixels in odd spots-- thanks, China) and now I have a used VVX21F136J00 screen panel laying around, super used, but very functional.

I really want to sell the old VVX21F136J00 panel, but my question is, would anyone even want it?  For conversational note, I'd sell it for $200 (which is fair given the price of the replacement and all the wear)

Another note: no, I'm not going the way of getting a separate LVDS to try and re-use the panel-- this is why I'm posting about this.

And while I could sell on eBay, their system has changed and now requires bank info to sell stuff, and with all the money I've lost to their massive fees and a handful of bogus return claims, I see this as a massive financial security threat. Besides, I wait for months on end for one or two things to sell, and even at low prices no one wanted what I had most of the time.

Here are the full details regarding the old panel, and a note of it's operating history:

There are scratches on the upper-middle and center-right area of the screen, and several dead pixels (or partially-dead) in mostly the same area (but typically unnoticeable compared to the scratch marks.)  Unless you watch lots of movies or are a serious gamer, these minor defects don't impact the overall user experience.  Color quality and base LED remain entirely intact despite the long years of use.
 - Resolution is 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz

- Unit requires an LVDS with the RTD2486HRD chip to operate**
 - There are as many as 10 dead pixels on the screen.
 - Obvious scratch marks on the middle and center-right of the screen (the middle part will be annoying, but not detrimental)
 - 37,500 hours of power-on time, according to the built-in diagnostic info of this S2133's display control (info not available on other controllers)
 - Slight image burn after previously being used for over 4 years of use with a GE CIC Pro system (this screen was a medical telemetry monitor)
When viewing darker images, particularly light greys, people with good vision or who are sensitive to imperfections will notice several horizontal lines (and even rectangular boxes in some areas) on the screen that exactly resemble what would be visible on a monitor at a nurses' station in an ER. This image burn won't often be as visible in brighter, more vibrant images with vivid colors.  (in terms of the image burn content, there is no sensitive information or personally identifiable detail on any portion of the screen.) The only thing that may be visible is a monochromatic layout of the previously displayed software and segments of visual outputs that constantly changed, and never would have time to become permanent.   (*but if you look close enough at the top of the screen and stare at it for long enough, you can just barely see the name and serial number of the terminal this was used on-- which is how I know what it came from)

800996137_S2133imageburndeadpixel.thumb.jpg.0d0ac9a7823e55dfd02140354625b983.jpg20210303_170341.thumb.jpg.e5daac44ab3b5f471e47755dd7a8a40b.jpg20210228_210944.thumb.jpg.1103bcaada510f7861c3f46bf96b638c.jpg

It’s amazing what people will buy on auction on eBay.  Might not get $200, but the n you might get more.  They say eBay is a lake a mile wide and an inch deep.  You may not be able to sell 10 of something but chances are you can sell one of almost anything. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s amazing what people will buy on auction on eBay.  Might not get $200, but the n you might get more.  They say eBay is a lake a mile wide and an inch deep.  You may not be able to sell 10 of something but chances are you can sell one of almost anything. 

As true as that is for some things, the fact is in most cases people are after volume of product. Even I've been asked by more than one person if I have extras of something listed.  And worse yet, a panel alone is like a drop of heavy water in that proverbial lake; it's there but who would think to look for it, let alone know it exists.?

And then there's the market as a whole; more panels are available with some similarities, but few as exact as this model (people are selling older generation 1600x1200 panels left and right, most made before 2010, and most with the obsolete CCFL backlights). There are a couple of panels very similar to mine (LED-IPS, made after 2010) and at least one variant of this model, but all of them are extremely rare with few being compatible with any known LVDS board.

What's most surprising is the variety of panel models that don't belong to a specific monitor-- there are hundreds of OEM panels made for industrial use to be connected directly to equipment, and custom panels that are either useless or impossible to get.